Pregnant

"Congratulations, you are pregnant!!" those words took time to get registered in my brain but when they did, I had all mixed emotions. The next thing after that was I was pulled into a bone crushing hug by my bestie who was more than excited with the thought of being an uncle. "Pete!!! Congratulations!!" Tin said in his cheerful tone. Never ever in my life had I seen him this happy like he was right now.

"Thank you Tin!!" I replied while loosening the hug because I was having a little trouble while breathing. Tin pulled away putting some space and letting the doctor continue what he had to say. After a few instructions and having prescribed the necessary medicines, I was finally allowed to leave but not after getting the next appointment very soon since I had lost lot of weight. Unconsciously, my hand reached my belly and began to caress it.

Turned out, due to my ignorance, I was unknowingly putting the life of my little ones in danger. "So.... You didn't tell me that you were planning for a baby." Tin said casually as we walked out of the doctor's cabin. "Umm... We didn't plan it either. It's unplanned..." I dropped the bomb. "WHAT?!!" was the loudest response of my bestie which gained curious eyes of all. Making an apology gesture and saying sorry over and over again, we finally rushed out of the building. The nurse present nearby pointed at the silence sign pasted on the wall.

Once we were out, Tin took the liberty to satisfy all his curious thoughts. "What do you mean by unplanned?" he asked in a serious tone. "I mean we haven't spoken about that topic. I was not even thinking about it. It's just a surprise for me too." I admitted. "You are talking so casually like you just went out for a stroll and returned back with grocery. This is something important Pete. You are pregnant and it's something that is going to change your life. And not just yours but Ae's too and most probably of all the people staying around you. It's a huge thing and you need to talk to Ae about this." Tin said.

Till now, I was not seeing any problem with the whole situation. I was rather excited to break the news to all but now, I got a little serious about the whole thing. "I will speak with Ae today itself." I stated. "That's much better. I will keep quiet since I don't want to ruin the surprise and cause trouble. But before I drop you back home, let's buy the medicine that doctor has prescribed. I don't want you to fall sick or put the life of the little ones in danger. You are way too ignorant and I am a little worried about the kid now." Tin said. I just nodded to him as my mind was getting swirled with thousands of things.

How am I gonna break this news to Ae? How will he react? Will he accept it? What am I gonna do as the pregnancy progresses? What if Ae finds me ugly? What if he is no more interested in me? My anxiety was slowly getting peaked and blame it on those articles that I read in the magazines. One of them said that man cheat the most when they find out that their partners are pregnant!! What if Ae does the same?

"Pete? Pete??" the call coming right close to my ear made me snap out of my thoughts and look at the person besides me. "What are you thinking about? Didn't you hear what the doctor said? DON'T STRESS YOURSELF!" Tin said. "I am not stressing... I am just thinking about how I am going to break this news to Ae." I replied. "Umm... May be cook his favorite food and set a nice dinner date or something like that. Make it a special moment so that you both can remember." Tin suggested.

"Hmmm.. Thank you for the idea. I will think over it and arrange for something. I guess, food is the right option." I said while thinking deeply. I knew very well how much Ae liked the food prepared by me. After having bought the medicines, Tin dropped me back home before heading back to his apartment. I was planning for the evening throughout my elevator ride and finally decided that it would be a good idea to cook Ae's favorite food.

So, as planned, I set to accomplish my mission. I got fresh and ate lite food before starting to rummage the cupboards to check the grocery. After having made sure that I had everything necessary, I began with my work. I didn't had time to look at the clock since I wanted to set the table for evening. I made sure to place some nice fragrant candles on the table and give the whole thing a romantic touch. Luckily, Ae had an important meeting and was going to get late. It gave me some time to arrange for everything,