Real threat

With progress of pregnancy, there were many new challenges coming forward with each passing day. My baby bump was now clearly visible and none of the normal clothes were fitting me. Though we had to go shopping again and again, Ae never got tired. He even arranged baby shower and invited our families and friends.

Now, I was eight months pregnant and it was really hard for me to move around with the belly. I would be always grumbling and complaining about small small stuff while saying how difficult it is to do the normal everyday work. Ae was being all patient in baring the tantrums and taking care of me. The doctor informed us that the baby was fine and healthy and it made me feel at ease.

It was Sunday and I woke up late as Ae was the one preparing breakfast. I slowly peeled myself off the sheets while getting down from bed carefully and heading towards the bathroom. I got fresh and walked out of the bedroom moving towards the kitchen to check on Ae. I could already smell the delicious breakfast that was getting ready inside the kitchen.

As I reached the door, I saw Ae, busy tossing the veggies in pan. Looks like he is preparing something special. "Good morning khrab Ae..." I greeted while stepping in to the kitchen and moving to occupy the nearby chair. "Good morning love... You woke up already?" he asked. "Khrab!!" I replied while smiling.

Ae prepared the breakfast and then carried it to the table where I was seated and placed the plate in front of me. I dug in right away as I was feeling hungry. He occupied the other chair while moving to eat his own breakfast. I felt full after I was done eating and leaned against the chair all content.

Ae picked up the plates and carried them away to clean while I sat there watching. Sometimes, I feel that I am really lucky to have met someone like Ae who cares for me so much. He returned back to me after cleaning the plates and gently held my face in his hands. Leaning closer, he planted a soft kiss on my forehead before slowly pulling away. "Is the baby troubling you?" he asked. "No khrab... He is well behaved." I replied. Just then I felt that little naughty boy kick.

I gasped catching my belly which didn't go unnoticed by Ae. "He did it again?" he asked. "Yes... He often does when you are close to me or inquiring about him. It's as if he is responding to you." I replied. "Is he getting possessive of you or something?" he asked which made me laugh. "May be... He don't want to share me with you I guess." I replied.

"Then I will make him understand to whom you belong to." Ae said and that followed another kick. I giggled while looking at my belly. "Hey champ!! Stop troubling your dad." Ae said. It did work because I felt a little calm and his movements stopped. I am sure that he is going to be very naughty as he grows up.

"Love, I am going to the nearby store to get some grocery. Do you want to come or stay back?" Ae asked. "I would have surely loved to tag along but you see, I can't walk even a little distance with this weight. And then, instead of grocery, you will have to carry me. And you know, these days I have been buying unnecessary stuffs. So it's better that I stay back." I replied.

"And what are you going to do alone at home?" he asked. "May be watch some movie...." I replied. "Alright... I will ask Tin and Can to come over to look after you. Okay?" he suggested. I nodded right away because I was going to get some company to watch movie. Ae headed upstairs while dialing some numbers while I sat down in living room and turned on the tele. I could hear him speak from where I was seated.

After sometime, he descended the steps all dressed and ready to leave. "Tin and Can are on their way and they will be here anytime. I will try to return as quickly as possible. Okay?" Ae said. I nodded while smiling and he leaned closer and pecked my lips before saying bye.

It was quite sometime that Ae had left when the doorbell rang. Ah!! This trouble again.... I shifted a bit getting up from the couch and walking towards the door. It's really difficult for me to even get up in this condition.