Chapter 29 - New Bruises

Katerina's POV

"You're so fucking dead, little brother," Alaric mumbles, cringing slightly as his gaze shifts to me before moving to stand impassively behind five fuming Italians, who no doubt will take this way out of proportion. Not to mention, out of context, since all they saw was that I was straddling Sebastian, rather than knowing that I initially had attacked him.

Flicking my gaze on Sebastiano's neck for a moment, I cringe inwardly as guilt begins to gnaw at my bones after seeing the angry red handprint on his neck that is already darkening in color.

Grimacing slightly, I shift my gaze back to my brothers, but I nearly recoil as I notice that in my distraction, Santiago has moved to stand directly in front of Sebastiano while the others are glaring at us from afar.

"You son of a bitch," Santi snarls in Sebastiano's face, gripping his collar before yanking him to his feet.

"What are you doing?" I nearly screech, stumbling slightly as I stand up before grabbing hold of Santiago's arm.

"I can't believe you, you filthy bastard," Lorenzo hisses at Sebastiano. Storming into the room, he stops in front of me before harshly yanking me away from the pair until my grasp slips from Santiago's arm, allowing him to grasp Sebastiano with both of his hands.

"What the fuck did you think that you were doing with our sister, huh?" Santi snaps in Sebastiano's face, who has his hands up in surrender. Although, this doesn't stop Santiago from shaking Sebastiano as he doesn't answer him.

"Stop it, Santiago!" I shout, moving towards the pair again, that is until Lorenzo tightens his grip on my arm, no doubt leaving a bruise, or at the very least a nasty handprint just like I did to Sebastiano's throat right before my brothers walked into the room.

"Let me go," I demand, trying to shake Lorenzo's hold on my arm, although this only causes him to grip harder than before as Christiano too comes into the fray, holding my other arm as I continue to struggle against Enzo's grasp.

"What the hell are you two doing to her?" Bash snaps, half lunging towards me and my brothers before being yanked back by Santiago.

"I asked you a fucking question," Santiago nearly screams in Sebastian's face. "What the fuck do you think that you were doing with our sister?" He demands, shaking Bash roughly once more before throwing his fist back before landing a punch on Sebastiano's cheek.

"Stop," I shout, lunging at the pair as my brothers continue to hold me back as they roughly grip my arms. "Don't hurt him," I plead, feeling my eyes burn with unshed tears as I look at my oldest brothers for help, only to see that Michele, Anthony, and Alaric are watching the exchange with stoic expressions.

"We weren't doing anything," I cry out, feeling my voice crack slightly as I see that no one seems to care about my pleading protests. Moreover, my attempts at escaping falter slightly as I meet Michele's unbothered eyes, which only stare back at me in boredom.

"Please," I whine, trying to catch my oldest brother's gaze again. "Do something," I plead, suppressing a cringe as Michele's eyes narrow at me.

"Enough!" Michele's voice booms throughout the room, silencing each of us as I too stop struggling.

"Let her go," Michele snarls, glaring at Lorenzo's and Christiano's grips on my arms as he strides across the room.

My relief is short lived once my arms are finally released because in the next instant Michele is towering in front of me with a deceptively cool persona.

"Let's start from the beginning," he stated, narrowing his eyes at me.

"This morning," he begins, watching my expression with calculating eyes. "What was so important that you had to leave here without an escort?" he demands.