Chapter 15 - Running

Trigger Warning:
Blood/Death/Gore
Violence/ Gun Violence

———

Katerina's POV

Every time I close my eyes, that's all I see.

Blood
Death
Destruction
Carnage

I woke up for the third time tonight as I remember the feeling of the bullet piercing my skin. Trying to catch my breath, I slowly sit up in bed and drag my feet over and onto the floor. I let out a relieved sigh as I glanced around to find that I'm still in the safety of my bedroom. Reaching over to my nightstand, I pick up my phone to check the time and let out an aggravated sigh when I see 4 AM staring back at me.

Great just two more hours until the guys have to get up for the day.

But that also means that I have a good two hours for myself to try and clear my mind before we have breakfast together at 6:30.

Having given up on sleep altogether for the night, I make my way over the my walk-in closet. Pulling on a pair of forest green multi-print leggings and a matching sports bra, I exit my closet in search of my headphones. Once I find them, I slip them into my ears, tug my shoes on, and pull a tank top over my head as I walk out my door and head to the gym.

After picking some music, I tie a knot into the front of my shirt so that it doesn't rub my sides while I run later

After picking some music, I tie a knot into the front of my shirt so that it doesn't rub my sides while I run later. Sighing, I sit on the gym's floor and stretch my legs for ten minutes before getting on one of the treadmills and starting the machine at a slow jog.

As I run I try my best to clear my head as I try to focus on the lyrics of the song. Trying and failing to allow the music to pump me up and to let the adrenaline clear my mind. But no matter how long I jog for, the only thing that I can truly focus on is my last dream that I had moments ago.

Although this all happened a few years ago, it still feels like it happened yesterday.

*FLASHBACK*

Running...

That's what we were doing.

Not just me, but D, the team, and I.

Hell, we were running for our lives...

We had gone on a mission to execute the entirety of one of the bratfas' most annoying rivals.

Now don't get me wrong, they weren't even that good. Hell, they were still new to the game, and the only thing that they seemed to be good at was pissing us off.

After the third shipment that they attacked, we decided to take matters into our own hands and to eliminate the problem at the source.

The planning for the attack probably took up to a week to make sure that we had everything covered so that there were no surprises once we got there.