31

days and weeks go by and i don't get a single phone call. neither do any of the o'connells. i dropped out of school and sank into a deep depression. all i did while i was awake (which was a very small portion of the day) was scroll endlessly on tiktok, trying to distract myself. i didn't eat, or drink, or shower. i only got up to pee about once a day, and that's it.

until one day, i decided it was time to start moving on. i had lost all hope for the old billie to come back. i took an "everything" shower again, and decided to go outside and grab myself some lunch. maybe i'll stumble upon a cute girl.

i took the bus to the mall, and decided i'll have some italian food at a small local restaurant.

i walked in and as i sat down, a cute waitress approached me. she had long straight black hair, half of it dyed red, beautiful brown eyes, an eyebrow piercing, as well as a septum piercing and a lip piercing.

"hey, what can i get you?" she asked. her voice was soft and high pitched (not too high pitched though). "um.. i'll have the uhh.. pasta carbonara" i stuttered while making eye contact.

"anything else pretty?" she noticed my nervousness and teased. "umm some water would be nice" i answered, looking at her lip piercing now. i wonder how it'd feel to kiss with it.

"alright, my name is vanessa but you can call me v, and i'll be your waitress today" she said. "okay v, thanks" i said and smiled at her.

as i waited for the food, a wave of guilt hit me. what if billie is in the hospital right now, just remembering who i am, while i'm sitting here, flirting with a random waitress.

as if it was fate, as soon as i started thinking about that i got a call from an unknown number. i answered immediately. "hello? is this y/n?" a woman asked.

"it is, who is this?" i asked. "i'm the nurse on billie's case. she just woke up from a nap and asked where you are" the nurse told me. "tell there i'll be there as soon as i can" i told her and hung up.

i called v over to the table and asked her to cancel the order if it was possible, and luckily, it was. i rushed out of the mall and took a taxi to the hospital.

when i got there, i ran to billie's room. when i got there, i was welcomed with her familiar piercing blue eyes. "hey" she said, opening her arms for a hug.

i jumped into her lap and hugged her tightly. "fuck. i missed you so much" i said and teared up. "i'm here now baby. i'm not going anywhere. i promise" she reassured me and hugged me just as tightly back.

i kissed her soft lips as if i haven't kissed them in decades. she ran her hands across the sides of my body, making me melt into the kiss. i put my hand on her jaw, rubbing her cheek with my thumb.

"you have no idea how scared i was that you'll never come back" i told her after disconnecting from the kiss. then i confessed "actually, today was the first day i went out of the house since that..".

"really? what'd you do baby?" she asked me. i wasn't gonna lie to her, but i was so scared of making her upset, so i just stayed quiet while looking into her eyes. "what'd you do y/n?" she repeated the question.

"i went to the mall to get some lunch.. and the waitress was cute.. but then your nurse called me so i immediately came here.. i didn't get her number or anything.. i'm so sorry.." i fully confessed.

"you were beginning to move on from me?.." billie asked, her voice breaking. "billie you have to understand. i thought you were gone forever. i can't mourn you forever. as much as i love you, i'm young. i can't let myself stay stuck on you for the rest of my life.." i explained, tears streaming down my face.

billie sighed and said "yeah, that's fair. they're gonna discharge me from here in about an hour. let's go to the mall after, to get some lunch?" she suggested, an evil look in her eyes.

745 words. i forgot this was just sitting in my drafts waiting to be posted, mb guys.