1 Year And Two Months Later

Start from the beginning

    "No, Thor, wait!" I shouted but he ended the call.

    "What's going on?!" Peter came bursting through the room with his blasters held up and he pointed them at me before slightly lowering them noticing nothing was going on. "We heard shouting."

    "Put the weapons down, Star-Lord." I chuckled pushing the blasters down.

    "Yeah, what was all that about?" Rocket asked casually walking into my room.

    "I Am Groot." (Are you alright?)

    "Whoa, boys. Relax." I mentioned. "I'm fine... Sort of." I said beginning to frown.

    "What's wrong?" Peter asked concerned.

    "Did you seriously expect someone to be attacking me in here? Don't you think you would have seen someone enter the Milano and walk down here?" I asked with a raised brow.

    "Well, Princess. I heard shouting. I was concerned and I got Peter and Groot. Who knows what was going on. It being with you especially lately. This is what we get for trying to rescue her." Rocket scoffed.

    "I Am Groot." (You pulled me away from my game for this?) He scoffed himself.

    "What is with all the racket?" Gamora groaned as she walked into my room.

    "Okay, our room is not big enough for everyone to gather in here." I said feeling crowded. "Gather the team and meet me upstairs."
Rocket, Groot walked out while the other two stood in front of me with their arms crossed.

    "Did something happen?" Gamora asked.

    "Well, yeah. This rang." I showed them the old communications device.

    "This? Who was it?" Peter asked examining it. "It's from your old ship, right?"

    "Yes, and it was my brother." I told them and they both gasped. "He needs my help."

We walked upstairs and the whole team was there. I explained what Thor had told me and I explained my dreams for the first time to them all except Peter. When I tried to explain what I wanted Peter cut me off and stood up.

    "No. Absolutely not." Peter huffed.

    "Peter, he is my brother. This is my home we are talking about. I must go and help him." I said annoyed.

    "So this is the dream you've been having? The destruction of your home world?" Gamora asked quietly and I nodded. "Then you must help save it."

    "What?!" Peter laughed angrily. "You're siding with her? I mean, this is what we do guys. We save the Galaxy. This is a job for all of us."

    "You shouldn't go alone, Y/n." Rocket agreed.

    "Thank you!" Peter scoffed pointing gratefully to Rocket.

    "I have no idea how long this is going to take. This is a whole lot bigger than the other jobs we've taken on. And not to mention, this is my responsibility." I explained. "If you all come with me, then who protects the galaxy?"

    "Y/n has a point." Mantis agreed. "But, maybe this is at the center of all the chaos."

    "Then we should be the ones to clean it up." Peter said.

    "Not for Asgard." Drax shook his head. "They have their own forces."

    "Another reason Y/n shouldn't go alone! Or did you forget that she is the exiled Princess of Asgard? You'll be arrested the moment you step foot on that planet."

    "Well, Thor never actually mentioned me having to go to Asgard. He said he wanted me to meet him on Muspelheim first. That's where the fire demon that our father supposedly killed like a million years ago, is living. Thor's tracking a lead there as we speak and the more we debate this. The longer he goes on this mission alone. This is my duty, exiled Princess or not. So I am going. I'd just appreciate the support." I huffed looking at the group.

    "You have my support." Drax said standing and placing an arm on my shoulder.

    "And mine." Mantis smiled standing beside Drax.

    "Well, you know you have mine." Gamora stood near me with a smile.

    "I Am Groot." (You have my support.)

    "Thank you." I nodded at each of them and then looked over at the last two boys. Peter and Rocket.

    "The second you need help, you call me. You call one of us. Because I swear Princess, you die on me. I'll create something to bring you back to life just so I can kill you myself." Rocket grunted as he stood up on the table.

    "You got it, Furball." I chuckled slightly.

    "I'm not okay with this." Peter scoffed and walked off.

    "Peter." I groaned and ran off after him. "Peter, Peter, wait."

    "You're my wife, Y/n. We are supposed to work on these things together. This is part of who we are. We save the Galaxy. A-And you just wanna run off, alone?" Peter scoffed just as we reached our room. He took a seat on our bed and placed his face in his hands.

    "Pete, are you really against me going to help my brother? Or is there something else going on?" I asked softly taking a seat next to him and placing my hand gently on his back.

    "Y/n, we haven't been apart in over five years. We're married now and suddenly your brother just shows up out of nowhere and he wants your help? Last time you were arrested when you went running to help him. Who knows what could happen this time. He couldn't even be bothered to show up for his own sisters wedding. So why should you go?" Peter ranted.

    "Because, no matter what Peter, he is my brother. Believe me he will get an earful about everything. But for now, when he calls I have to help. Asgard is a part of me. It is not just me that I worry about, it's Asgard's people. My people. It's been a long time there. I mean I'm almost 1,200 years old."

    "What?" Peter gasped.

    "What you didn't know I was so much older than you?" I laughed. "Does it relax you to know that in human years i'm 28?"

    "I mean, that's better, but I love you either way." Peter chuckled leaning into me.

    "I love you too. That's why I'd like your approval. I don't need it, but I want it before I go. I have to help it's part of who I am. I shouldn't have to tell you, but I'll be fine. Since I know you're worried about me. I'll call you every chance I get and once everything is all set and done. You can meet my brother." I mentioned and Peter gulped.

    "Heh. Uh, yeah. Sure." Peter said nervously and I kissed his cheek making him blush. "You have to be safe, Y/n. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."

    "You'll never lose me, Peter. I'm right here with you, always." I pointed to his heart.

Peter stood to his feet with me and we hugged before he laid a kiss on my lips. It was soft and slow, but ever so meaningful. I packed a few things id need and I hugged each of the other Guardians goodbye. Peter was last and I hugged him tightly before climbing into the pod and setting off on my next journey.

WORD COUNT: 1,805