026 | the convert

xxvi

xxvi. you know I want you,

its not a secret I try to hide

THEY WALKED DOWN THE BROKEN halls of the mandalorian mines and Allana looked around, wondering what it had been like all those years ago, "It looks like it's been centuries,"

"The empire set out to punish us, to wipe away our memory," Bo-Katan explained.

She nodded, "It must pain you to see it like this after you say its beauty," she stated, looking at the woman.

"It pains me to see out kind fighting each other. It made us weak. We had to hope to resist being smashed by the empire," she said, silence falling on the group, "There's the entrance,"

They go inside and Allana looked at the new set of caverns they entered, "This area looks much older,"

She nodded, memories flooding her, "The mines have been there for thousands of years," she explained.

"Have you been there?" Din asked, finally breaking his silence.

"When I was a child, I was aprr of the Royal family. I took the creed and was shrouded by gifts but the rituals were theatre for our people," she said.

There was a sad sense of nostalgia on Bo-Katans face as she grieved the family she had lost and the world she had lost as well.

"My father was proud, I didn't embarrass him in front of everyone," she said, shaking her head.

Allana smiled, "He sounds like an interesting man,' she said and the woman nodded.

"He was a great man, he died defending Mandalore," she explained, a melancholy tone to her voice. 

When they get there, she loomed at the large room and the giant pool in front of it that she assumed was the waters in the mines of mandalore.

Bo-Katan laughed to herself as she recited some story off of a rock aboit the first mandalorian who killed a Mythosaur that lived in the water.

Allana looked at him, her hand reaching for his, "Din, are you going to do this?" She asked one last time.

In her mind, he didnt have to do anything. He did what he had to do to save Grogu and that should be celebrated. He didn't need their stuffy religions to feel good about himself.