010 | the siege

x

x. im off the deep end, watch as
I dive in, I'll never reach the ground

ALLANA HAD BEEN CALLED TO Nevarro by Cara for some business and she agreed simply because it was a distraction from her work.

And from her work, she means the Mandalorian. Ever since he had come to visit her last week she had been thinking about what he had said.

He had promised to come back for her and it just meant something. Nobody had ever wanted to stick around for her before.

As she sat at the desk that Cara had set up for her, legs kicked up onto the table, she thought about that moment, replaying it in her mind.

"Hey, lovergirl!" A voice called out and she looked up to see Cara. She didn't know how this girl could read her like an open book.

"What do you want?" Allana asked teasingly, holding up the holopad, "I've worked out the best way into the facility,"

"That's not what I wanted," Cara said, a smirk on her face as she leant against the doorframe, "Someone's just entered the atmosphere,"

"Who is it?" Allana asked, kicking her legs off of the table and leaning forward.

Cara smirked, "Come see for yourself," she said and the two girls walked through the town centre, Greef following behind.

When she saw the Razor Crest breaking through the atmosphere and coming to land, she felt her heart speed up but ignored it.

The ship landed and the landing pad opened and Cara noticed the way that the girls breath hitched in her throat as she saw him.

Allana brushed it off, "Looks like someone could use some repairs," she said, hoping he was happy to see her.

He smiled when he saw her face and for the first time in a while, he was hurt that she couldn't see his reaction, that she couldn't see his face.

"It's been a bumpy ride," he said and she chuckled, watching as he shook hands with Greef, "How's my credit around here?"

"I'll get my best people on it," the other man said, calling for some people wuo were working on a water tank.

They began working on the ship under the magistrates orders and Greefs eyes landed on the tiny green child in the Mandalorians arms.

"Come here little one," he said, Mando passing him over snd watching as Greef fussed over him, "Has Mando ben taking good care of you?"

With Greefs attention on the child, Mando turned to look at Allana, "How are you doing?" He asked.

'Perfect, what are you doing in Nevarro?" She questioned, "I'm sure you couldn't resist seeing me again,"

"That's not why I came here," he said, glad that the mask was covering the blush on his cheeks.

Greef chuckled, looking up at them, "Keep telling yourself that Mando," he said, looking between the to.

He knew that the only reason why he kept going back to Tattoine was for Allana, for an excuse to see her again.

"Looks like you two have been busy," Mando said, turning the conversation away from him and Allana

He was finally getting his head around the fact that he had fallen for the strong girl in front of him but he wasn't ready to dive into all of that yet.

"I've been stuck with all this clerical work. Marshal Dune here's fo be thanks for the town cleaning up," Greef explained.

"Your ships not looking too good," Allana said and he shrugged.

"We had a run in with the new republic," he explained and she nodded her head.

"They should leave rhe outer rim alone," Greef said with a scoff, looking at the group, "If the empire couldn't settle it what makes them think they can?"

"They can do it. Have you read Harlow Kaz's paper on reform in dredged societies?" She said, shaking her head as she remembered what happened, "It's a tragedy what happened to her,"

Greef handed the child over to Allana and she grinned as she held the child in her arms.

He reached out with his little green arms and she smiled wide as she looked down at him, "You missed me didn't you little guy,"

"It's only been a week Lana," Mando said and she looked up, a smile on her face.

There was something infectious about her smile. She could light up a room and he didn't know how she could keep smiling through all the crazy things that had happened in her life.

"That's too long, I might have to take you home with me," she joked, "You wanna have a look around the town?"

He nodded and Greef lead them around before stopping at a large building. Everyone lool inside and Mando looked at the children sitting there in front of a protocol droid.

"A school?" He questioned, looking at Greef confused.

"Things have changed a lot around here," he explained before gesturing to the child, "An he can stay here,"

"Wherever he goes, I go," Mando said and she could hear the protective tone on his voice.

"Where we're going, you don't wanna take a child. Trust me," Greef stated.

Allana looked down at the child, "It'll be fine Mando, he'll be safe here," she said.

Mando stood there in silence for a second, surveying the room and she could tell that he was thinking about whether it was safe or not.

When he nodded, she handed the child over to Mando and he walked to the empty seat near the front of the room and placed him down.

They walked out together and headed towards the accounting office where Allana has been working and it turned out that Mando knew Mythrol from a job.

"Can we talk business?" Greef asked once Mando was comfortable.

"I'm only here for repairs," he stated.

She could tell that he didn't want any trouble. The only reason that he was even on this mission was to find a home for the child.

"We could really use your help," Cara said and Mando nodded.

Cara gestured to the table and Allana turned the map on, a hologram of the Nevarro map turning up. She zoomed in on a specific area.

"This is the problem. It's an old imperial base. It's been here since the imperial expansion, but for some reason, it's not been abandoned," Cara explained.

That's why Allana had been called. Cara knew that the girl would do anything to shut down the last of the imperial bases and make the galaxy safer.

"You want to mop up the last of the imperial force before they do," Mando said, folding his arms across his chesr

"Mabdo, I just want them off my planet. If we take that out, we will be completely safe. We could become a trade anchor for the whole sector," Greef explained.

"Is that why you were called here, Allana?" He questioned, attention turned to her.

"I thought I'd offer my help. They've helped us plenty," she explained.

She wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for Cara who pulled her out of that wreckage in the battle a few weeks back. She owed them that.

Mando looked between the map and Allana and she heard him sigh through his modulator, "What are we looking at?" He asked, agreeing to the mission

1306 words