022 | the reunion

xxii

xxii. and I think in gonna
love you for a long long time

ALLANA AND PELI WERE EATING dinner, the older woman asking her daughter about what had happened between the two of them, wanting to know all the details.

She laughed at her mums obsession with her love life, knowing it came from a good place. Din had gone to Bobas palace to set up for the mission before tomorrow.

When Allana went to take a sip from her drink, she heard the blast of a ship and rushed out with her mother to see an x-wing in the hangar.

"It an x-ing, what's an x-wing doing here?" Allana asked as she looked around the area.

"Hello officer, i filed for my new republic certification seal just as I were landing," Peli said nervously as she approached.

Allana froze when she saw the familiar droid in the roof, "Artoo?" She questioned and walked over.

When she saw the child sitting in the cockpit, a smile on her face as she saw him sitting there. He had chosen to come back to her and Din.

Her reached out for her and she picked him up, smiling as he reached for a piece of her hair and wrapped his hand around it.

"You came home kid," she said, gently easing his hand away from her hair.

"Did they teach you to fly an x-wing already, come to grandma," she asked, holding her hands out.

Allanas brow furrowed as she looked at her, "Grandma?" She questioned.

"You're the mum, Mandos the dad, I'm the fun auntie, more like grandma," she said and Allana passed the kid to him.

"Mandos not here R2, he's on a job in Mos Espa that I'm meant to be at," Allana said to the droid.

She couldn't wipe the smile off of her face as she saw it all. She had everything she'd ever wanted, her mother, the man she loved and the child.

"He's gonna be so happy when he sees you Grogu honey," she said, reaching a hand out to brush against his skin.

"Grogu, that's a terrible name. Sorry about that pal, no way am I calling you that," Peli said, face scrunching up in disgust.

Allana looked at her. She may not be her real mother but she was the only one she'd ever had and really the only one she needed. She didn't need to be a nightsister.

"What are you wearing here?" Peli asked, finger pulling at his tunic to see a metal chain mail plate underneath

"That's what Mando gave him, you chose us didn't you?" Allana said, the grin still on her face.

"Thank you R2," she said before watching the droid fly the ship back to the planet.

The next morning, Allana woke up to multiple missed calls from Din and called hm back on the comms link.