025 | the mines of mandalore

xxv

xxv. I'm on guard for the rest of the world but with you it's no good

THEY KNEW THAT THE BEST PLACE TO go to get the droids part would be to her mothers hangar on Tattoine so that's where they went.

The landed, the hatch opening up to see Allana and Din sitting there, "You hear that? She's purring like a nuzzle shrew, and I'm not talking about Lana, Mando," she teased.

Allana laughed at her mothers crude joke before stepping out, her mother pulling her in for a hug.

"Look who it is, my gorgeous girl," she said, pulling away to look at her, "How longs it been?"

"About a month," she said with a smile and her mother pulled a face, clearly expecting it to be longer.

"Well you look like you've grown," she said before looking over her shoulder at the ship, "Where's my guy?"

When allana moved out of the way, Grogu jumped into her arms and Peli grinned at the sight of him.

"Now who taught you to leap like a lurman?" She joked, listening to him babbling in her arms before she looked up at Din and Allana.

"Was that his first word? It think he's talking to me," she said, a smirk on her face, "When are you two gonna give me grandchildren?"

"Mum, we're here on business," Allana said, hiding the blush on her cheeks. Everyone kept asking the question, "We need a droid part,"

"Boring, get the Jawas in here before they bit the cantina. You know how Mos Eisley gets during Boonta week," she said.

Allana swore under her breath. It was the celebration that she always hated after the war, the loud noises, the large crowds.

"Damn, I forgot," she said, looking at her partner, "We're gonna have to stay overnight Din, you can't fly during Boonta eve celebrations,"

"That's fine," he said before turning to her mother, "Peli, we're looking for a replacement IG droid memory circuit,"

"They haven't made those for a while," when the jawas came in, she started speaking to them before watching them walk off, "No chance, they don't exist anymore,"

"I need my droid fixed now," Din ordered, knowing how important this was.

"Why don't you buy this beauty here," she said, patting the droid next to her.

"I need a droid that's good for spelunking," he said and answered the question before she could even ask it, "I'm going to Mandalore. I need a droid that can test the air to see if its breathable,"