005 | the reckoning

v

v. there is so much space between
us maybe we're already defeated

ALLANA AND MANDO WERE SITTING in silence when a sudden transmission appeared.

"My friend, if you are receiving this that means you are alive. A lot has happened since we last saw each other," The Man on the screen said.

"Who is that?" Allana questioned, Mando saying it was Greef Karga, a man who worked for the guild.

"The man who hired you is still here and his rank of ex-imperial guards have grown. We consider him an enemy but we can't get close enough to take him out," Greef Karga explained.

Greef asked for him to come back and bring the child as bait. Then they'd kill the client and go their separate ways.

Allana looked back at the Child who was sleeping soundly in his cot. Mando sighed and she knew he was going to do it.

"Where are we going Mando?" She asked as he changed course to a new planet - Sorgan.

"We have someone we need to recruit," he explained.

When they landed on the green planet, they went straight to a small hut in the middle of a forest where a woman was fighting people for money.

"You need a job?" Mando asked and she looked at him, the four going to a table.

"Allana Motto, Carasynthia Dune," He introduced and the girls shook hands before sitting down.

Mando explained what was going on with Greef Karga and the client as the people poured them drinks.

"It seems like a straightforward operation. They're providing the firepower," Mando said.

"And what about the kid?" Cara questioned, looking down at him.

"Thats where you come into it," Mando explained and Allana narrowed her eyes, even she didn't know most of the plan.

"I don't know, I've been advised to lay low," she said, "If anybody runs my chain code, I'll rot in a cell for the rest of my life,"

"Mando said you were a veteran," Allana said with confusion.

"I've been a lot of things since, most of them carry a life sentence. You probably don't understand princess," she said and Allana scoffed.

"Oh, don't worry, I know my way around places," Allana explained.

"Like where? The local mechanics store, one or two guys you beat up in an alleyway?" Cara questioned, wanting to know what riled her up.

"You ever heard of Luke Skywalker, I know the guy, went on a few missons with him back in the day," she stated. She hated playing the Luke Skywalker card but she wasn't going to let anyone put her down