016 | the rescue

xvi

xvi. blinking back the tears, I can't say you hurt me when you never let me near

ALLANA DIDNT KNOW WHY MOFF Gideon was standing next to her and Grogu, who had been moved into the room a day ago, with thr Darksaber to her throat.

She figured it out though when the door opened and the Mandalorian was standing. She didn't have to see his face to see the anger in him, the way his shoulders were tensed, his hands clenched to his side.

"Din," she said quietly, now understanding the theatrics.

As soon as she spoke, Gideon pressed the darksaber closer to her, "Not another word sweetie, or you won't ever speak again," he said.

Mando looked at them. He could tell that Allana seemed tired, her skin paler than normal and her face drained of ant emotion. She seemed exhausted.

Grogu didn't seem to awake either and the both of them were handcuffed to the seats in the room.

"Drop the blaster," Moff Gideon said, a dmirk on his face.

As he watched Mando lower the gun to the ground, placing it down, he knew that the man would do anything for the two of them.

"Now kick it over to me," he said, watching as Mando did what he asked, "Very nice, seems like they mean a great deal to you,"

He could tell that, especially after the message he received. Mando wasn't going to let either of them go without a fight.

"The necklace is sweet-" he said, grabbing it and pulling her up slightly by the string, "-a creed of three is it?"

His jaw clenched under the helmet as he watched the man touch something as sacred as the creed, "Give them to me," he said.

Moff Gideon chuckled at the dark tone to the mans voice, "They seem quite happy where they are," he joked.

He waved the darksaber away from Allanas face, hovering it over the child's face before displaying it for thr Mandalorian.

"This used to belong to Bo-Katan," he said, looking for his reaction, "Yes, I know you've been travelling with her, a friendly piece of advice - assume I know everything,"

When Moff Gideon looked at him, it was almost like he could see through his mask and see the boy underneath. It was an uncomfortable feeling compared to the way Allana would look at him.

From the first time she looked at him, it was like she was looking beneath the mask, and that made him feel seen by someone for the first time in years.

"Like the fact I know she's been crying out your name for the last week, hoping you'd come rescue her," he said with a chuckle, "And that your wrist launcher has fired its one and only salvo,"