014 | the tragedy

xiv

xiv. will i be old and dead or
young and lying on the news at 9

THEY SAT IN THE COCKPIT, MANDO trying to test Grogu. He held the ball out in his hands, looking over at the child who sat in Allanas lap.

"Come on Grogu, come get it," he said, the child cooing before resching out, the force pulling the ball to him.

"Dank Farrik!' He exclaimed and Grogu jumped at the words, eyes wide

"Language Din," she chastised, brows furrowed at his outburst.

"No, I'm not mad at you kid," he said,  looking down at him "You're very special, we're gonna find a place you belong, and they'll take good care of you,"

They approached the planet, getting closer and closer and there was a part of Allana that wishes that they didn't have to get rid of the child.

"This is Tython," Mando said, looking down at Grogu,"You have to agree to go with you if they say,"

"Don't you and to learn more of that Jedi stuff?" Allana asked, the kid smilimg up at her as he grabbed her fingers, "Yeah, you do kiddo,"

They landed in a small clearing on the planet, Mando jet packing the three of them to the top of the mountain

"That a big rock," Allana said, looking at the circular rock in the middle of some open temple, "Do we just place him on?"

Mando nodded, walking over snd placing the child down on the stone before stepping back.

"Here we go, this is the seeing stone. Are you seeing anything?" He questioned, looking down at the kid.

They were both silent as they waited for something to happen but nothing did, maybe there really was nobody left to take the child.

"Maybe there's some kind of control or something," He suggested, walking around it.

"I don't think it's that complicated Mando. It's a rock," she said bluntly.

Whilst they searched for some way to get this magic rock to work, Grogu sat there, arms outstretched as he reached for a butterfly.

"Ahsoka told us that all we had to do was get you here, and you'd do the rest," Allana said to thr child, crouching down to his eye level.

Whilst she tried to convince him to use the force, a ship started to approach in the distance. She looked up, brows furrowed.

"That's a firespray-32, Nobody's had those for years," she explained, shaking her head, "I knew a guy who had one of those,"