017 | the past

xvii

xvii. home, love, family, there was
once a time I must have that too

THE FIRST FEW DAYS IN LUKES JEDI training facility were lonely and difficult to say the least.

Every night she'd lay there, wondering what Din was doing, how he was coping with his entire support system vanishing.

She'd also think about him, about his brown eyes looking at her, about the way that his lips felt against hers, about the way that he whispered her name after they had kissed.

Then she'd fall into a restless sleep and wake up the next morning to go and train with Luke and Grogu.

Her powers weren't as powerful as Grogus. He had the force surrounding him and all she had was some red sparks shooting out of her hands.

On the fourth day, Allana sat on the cliffside edge. She was meant to be meditating but her mind gravitated back to Din like it always did, her hand reaching up to touch the creed necklace.

"You're distracted," a voice said and she turned around to see Luke standind there..

It was weird spending time with him after years apart. He was the little kid she knew of tattoine but he was also a completely different man.

"I don't want to be lectured right now," she said, shaking her head.

"Then talk about your feelings, I won't judge," he said and she sighed.

She didn't want to have a boy chat with her old best friend. She didn't want to tel him that she was beginning to regret coming here.

"Just feeling homesick you know," Allana said, unsure how else to describe it.

She wasn't sure if she was homesick for her real home, or for the home on the Razor Crest.

She missed the slight hum of the ships engine as she'd fall asleep, the quiet conversation with Din as they watched the stats floating, the child's laugh when Din would hold him.

"Attatchment is dangerous Allana," he stated and she nodded her head.

"I know that, I came here to protect him," she explained, "Not to be trained,"

"Your powers are ancient and I could never be able to tell you how to use them," he explained and she shook her head.

"What do you know about my family?" She asked and he sighed.

Luke knew what it was like to want to know who your parents were, "What do you mean?"

"Moff Gideon seemed to know everything. He offered to tell me if I gave Din up," she explained, her voice trailing off at the end of the sentence.

Luke could tell that she cared about him and the fact that she did was bad to him. Attatchment was dangerous and he didn't want her to fall down that path.