023 | the apostate

xxiii

xxiii. when will you realise
that vienna waits for you

SIX MONTHS SEEMED TO PASS IN an instant. Allana and Din had been searching through the galaxy for something that could help him rejoin the Mandalorians.

She knew how much he wanted it but there was a selfish part of her that wondered if once he was no longer an apostate, he wouldn't he able to take his helmet off around her, wouldn't be able to be with her.

As they approached the planet that the mandlorian covert had settled on, they noticed some beast had leaped out of the water and was attacking the mandalorians.

Din instantly started shooting, luckily managing to hit it in a weak spot, killing it instantly, before it could harm too many Mandalorians.

The others watched as the ship landed on the open sand bank, the top opening up to reveal the three of them, Din stepping out and looking at his people.

The Mandalorians watched as Din held his hand out, Allana grasping it and allowing him to help her out. She turned around, picking Grogu out and holding him in her arms.

She could tell that they were unhappy that she had come into their space and as she walked past, she heard one man scoff and say something she hated to hear.

Aruetti. It meaned an outsider, a stranger, someone that didn't belong and that's what she was. She may be Dins but she wasn't a Mandalorian.

They walked inside, the armourer leading them into a room as she ushered them both into the armoury on the planet.

"You removed your helmet, and what's worse is you removed it willingly for an aruetti," she said, the words coming out like venom.

Din shook his head, "Don't call her that," he said and Allana could hear the anger in his voice.

To him, that's not what she was. She was a member of his clan and the most important person to him apart from Grogu.

"What will you call her? Riduur? That's not the way," the armourer questioned and Allanas brow furrowed, she didn't know what that word meant, "You are no longer Mandalorian,"

"The creed teaches us of redemption, and family," he said, turning to look at Allana. That's what she was to him, family.

"Redemption is no longer possible since the destruction of our home world," she explained, turning around and putting something in its place absentmindedly.

"What if the mines of Mandalore still exist?" He questioned and she turned around, intrigued.

"All was destroyed in the purge," she stated, watching as Din pulled out a piece of green crystal that he had found with Allana on Tattoine.

"Is this inscription not Mandalorian?" He questioned, a cocky tone to his voice as he set it down on the table.

He sat down, helping Allana down and watching as Grogu roamed around. He had this perfect family and had everything he'd ever wanted. All he needed now was to be a Mandalorian again and then it would be perfect.