013 | the magistrate

xiii

xiii. and I don't want the world to see me cause I don't think they'd understand

WHILST THEY WAITED FOR AHSOKA to see if she could train the child, Allana sat down on a log, watching as Mando paced back and forth at the idea of the child being with a stranger.

She couldn't help but think about what Ahsoka had said. Everyone had been talking about some mysterious past and no matter what she did, she couldn't find much about it.

She couldn't think about why after years of being the mundane friend, the one who never really fit in with the group, she was suddenly important.

She looked up at Din, at the man who stuck with her through everything that had gone on and wondered why he had chose to keep her sound.

"What's so special about me Mando?" She said abruptly, breaking the silence.

He stopped his pacing and walked over to her, sitting down next to her on the log, "What do you mean?"

She sighed, shaking her head, "It seems like everyone knows more about me than I do, just by looking at me," she explained.

Mando sighed, looking down at her through his visor. He wanted to reach down and brush that strand of her away from her face and tell her how much she always meant to her.

"I think you're special, you always have been," he said, his words making a blush rise up to her cheeks, "Some people are just better at noticing,"

She smiled at him, placing her hand over his gloved one, feeling the warmth of his skin through the leather.

When Ahsoka walked over with rhe child, she jolted away from him, still unsure about where the confidence to reach out for him came from.

Ahsoka placed the child down on the rock near them, the child smiling as he looked at the gwo adults in front of him

"Is he speaking?" Mando asked when he noticed the connection between the child and the jedi, "Can you understand him?"

"In a way," Ahsoka said, looking at the child, "Grogu and I can feel each others thoughts,"

"Grogu?" Allana questioned as she looked at him, her head tilted to the side in confusion.

"That's his name," Ahsoka stated with a nod and the two looked at the child - Grogu - as they took in the information.

"He was raised at the jedi temple in coruscant. at the end of the clone wars, he was hidden," Ahsoka explained.