003 | the prisoner

iii

iii. she can't be convicted
she's earned her degree

AS SHE LOOKED OUT OF THE SHIP, she saw a large space area and they started to head towards the landing pad, the girl confused.

"Hey, why are we stopping?" Allana questioned as Mando landed the ship on some landing pad in the middle of space.

"Gas." He said plainly, walking out of the ship with Allana following him.

"Do I have to pay you extra for this?" She questioned, jogging after him.

"No. You don't have to pay me at all," Mando stated and was about to say something else before he heard someone call his name.

She looked around confused at what was going on and what operation was being run and realised that this wasn't just a stop for gas.

They shook hands, "Ran, this is Allana, she's just hitching a ride," Mando explained and she shook the mans hand.

"I didn't really know if I'd ever see you in these parts again," Ran said, "I was a little surprised when you reached out to me,"

"You reached out to this man. Mando, I thought you said we were going straight to Nevarro," Allana said, looking at him with frustration.

"Its just a quick stop," he said before turning to Ran, "Whats the job?"

Allana sighed, he had gotten a side job before they reached Nevarro and didn't tell her which pissed her off.

"One of our associates got caught by some competitors. So I'm putting a crew together to spring him. Its a six person job, I got four," he explained, "All I need is the ride and you brought it,"

"The ship wasn't part of the deal. And neither was Allana, she didn't ask to be here," Mando said.

"Well, the Crest is the only reason I let you back here," Ran said, "And both you and the girl will be helping out,"

"Why didn't you say? I would have been fine helping," Allana asked.

Mando ignored her. The three walked over to some guy named Mayfeld who was fixing a gadget in his hands.

She had worked enough to know when they were a poor crew and these people were rhe worst of the worst, if she knew any better then she would leave. 

"This is Mando, the guy I was tellin' you about. And this is his friend Allana who's also coming," Ran explained to Mayfeld.

Ran went on some tangent about how him and Mando go way back and were the best of evil friends.

"That was long time ago," Mando stated, everyone stopping the conversation.

She wasn't sure if the message was directed at he and that he wanted her to know that he wasnt a bad guy but these people were really dodgy.

"Well Mayfeld is gonna run point on this job, if he says it, it's like it's coming from me," Ran explained.

Mayfeld walked away, "he using of the best trigger men I've ever seen, you're little girl got any skills," Ran asked.

"I'm a mechanic. But I've done my odd jobs here and there," she said, already not liking this man.

They introduced them to Burg, a Devaronian Mercenary. The man looked at Mando and Allana with a disgusted face.

"So this is a Mandalorian. I didn't realise they kept pets," he said, gesturing to Allana.

She whipped a knife from her sleeve, pointing it at Burg, "I'm no ones pet, so why don't you shut you mouth before I cut your tongue out and feed it to you,"

Mayfeld chuckled, watching as she lowered the knife, "Thats Zero, our droid," he explained.

"I thought you said you had four?" Allana questioned, tucking the knife back into her sleeve compartment.

"He does," a voice said and they turned to see a purple Twi'lek approaching, "Hello Mando, tell me why I shouldn't cut you down where you stand?"

"You know this lady?" Allana questioned, the lady - Xi'an - checking him out.

"All right lovebirds, break it up till you get on the ship. Right now, we don't have much time," Ran said, ushering everyone onboard.

"How does that work Mando, you know, with the whole not taking the armour off," she asked as they walked on the ship.

"Shut up," Mando ordered as they both walked towards the ship. He ignored the disgusted look on her face and shook hi head.

Mayfeld explained the plan, Allana looking at the ship on the screen, "Thats a New Republic Prison ship, your man wasn't taken, he was arrested," she stated.

She didn't want to think that sh was breaking into the very ship she helped design, she knew the system inside and out.

Zero started complaining about the quality of the ship, "Hey, I fixed that ship myself," she said with annoyance.

"Thats not possible, even for the Crest," Mando stated before they boarded the ship.

"This is a suicide mission Mando," Allana said as the ship flew off.

"I need you to stay with the child," he said and she sighed, going into the little room with him and locking the doors.

She could hear commotion outside and the Child was curious about leaving, "Shoosh kiddo, we gotta stay here,"

Allana could hear them asking where she was and ignoring everyone else. She just had to make sure that the child was safe, that was her job.

She could hear them asking him to take the helmet off and a commotion but then the doors opened, everyone gasping as they saw the child.

"Shes a babysitter? What is that?" Mayfeld asked, approaching it.

Allana got out, holding the child in her arms as far away from them as possible, she was going to protect it no matter what if took.

"Wait a minute, did you two make that? Is it a pet or something?" Mayfeld asked Mando and Allana.

"Yeah, something like that," Mando said, trying not to bring too much attention to him.

"Dropping out of hyperspace now," Zero said and Allana put down the Child, putting him down in his room.

1144 words