177. [Side Story] Child of the Dragon (1)

Seol had a dream. A black dragon roared out before him, bleeding. Its cry sounded so sad and desperate that even Seol wept upon seeing it.

『I curse you. I will never forgive you who coveted my power and dared to cut out my heart.』

The dragon's eyes were red with blood as he poured out a fury of angry words at Seol. This was the first time the five-year-old boy faced such hatred, and he was frozen on what to do.

The boy stood there, while the dragon's wounds continued to gush fresh blood. Before long, it had stained the entire floor.

"Hey, are you hurt?"

『Keueg, of course! It's all because of your filthy people...!』

But the dragon didn't finish his words. It was because Seol had scurried forward on his small legs and touched the dragon's wound with his tiny hands.

"Oh, that must hurt. How did you get hurt so badly, Mister?"

"Let's go see my mother later. There isn't anything she can't do, and she'll make all your wounds better."

『...Very well.』

The dragon's forehead, which was already creased, seemed to furrow deeper into a frown. Seol just wanted to release the dragon from his anger, but he was afraid he might have offended him.

"Hey, if you were hurt because of me..."

Seol stood up on his feet, then bowed down before the prostrate dragon.

"...I'm sorry."

Seol learned how to apologize like this from Lalisa.

"Mother told me that if I did something wrong, then I should ask for forgiveness, so the other person can stop feeling bad."

The dragon stared speechlessly at Seol with its clear eyes. He muttered to himself in a low voice.

『I can't believe this child came from that psychopath.』

"Huh? What did you say?"

『That's enough. Boy.』

"But your wounds...!"

『I'm tired of dealing with you.』

At the end of the dragon's words, the floor collapsed beneath Seol's feet.

"Aaaah!"

Seol fell into an endless darkness.

At some point, he opened his eyes and found himself in his room again. He looked at the familiar ceiling in confusion.

"What was that? That Mister looked hurt, and I felt like I really touched him..."

Seol naturally looked down at his palm, then started when he saw a small bead starting to emerge from his flesh.

"Aaaaah!"

He had been fine yesterday, but he screamed when a brilliant blue orb began to push out from his skin. The odd thing was, he didn't even feel a bit of pain on his body.

Seol's scream had summoned the maids outside. At the front of the group was Nayeon, who had served Lalisa since Blaise mansion.

"What's going on, Your Highness?"

Seol looked tearfully at Nayeon from his bed.

"M-my hand."

When Seol raised his hand, the small orb in his palm emerged fully and dropped to his bed. Nayeon and the rest of the maids looked on in astonishment.