141. If I Had To Bet

Jaehyun guided Lalisa away from the original destination, and brought her to a small detached house a little ways away. He knocked on the old wooden door and announced his presence.

"I'm here, Grandfather."

"You rascal! Why are you here so sudden?"

An angry snarl answered from inside. Lalisa looked towards Jaehyun in puzzlement, and he looked back and gave her a wink.

"I ignore my original schedule and dragged him here. That's why he's in a bad mood."

"Ah, I see. So it was for my sake..."

"Please do not worry. I gave you that brooch for this very purpose."

As the two spoke in hushed tones towards each in front of the door, Evans' harsh tone rang out again.

"What on earth are you whispering about there? You were supposed to meet the Crown Princess at the villa, so go see her there."

Jaehyun glanced at Lalisa mischievously, and answered his grandfather in a sly voice.

"I'm here with Her Highness, Grandfather."

There was a beat, and then a reply of disbelief.

"What?"

Jaehyun cheekily spoke up again.

"So please open the door."

Before Jaehyun even finished speaking, the door flew open, and the elderly, white-haired Evans walked out with a flustered expression. When he saw Lalisa, he quickly rearranged his features and bowed.

"Hail to the Crown Princess. Eternal glory to the Ruford Empire."

"Greetings, Count Evans. This is the first time we've seen each other since the wedding reception, hasn't it?"

"Yes it is, Your Highness. I apologize for my rudeness."

"Not at al.l It was I who suddenly requested a meeting."

Hearing this, Evans glanced at his grandson standing next to her. His eyes were stern, and Lalisa suspected that Jaehyun might be in a bit of trouble later. Jaehyun, however, was smiling as if he didn't care.

"I'll leave you alone so you can have a quiet conversation."

A deep frown was creased on Evans' forehead, but he could not decline the Crown Princess when she was standing on his doorstep. Such had been Jaehyun's plan all along. If he had asked permission from his grandfather in advance, Evans might have refused to meet Lalisa.

"Please come in, Your Highness. I regret that I wasn't able to prepare for your visit. Please excuse my humble manners."

"Not at all."

She stepped inside the small outbuilding, leaving Jaehyun behind. The door closed, leaving her alone with Evans. He guided her to a seat, then settled himself in the chair opposite of hers.

"What kind of tea would you like? Sometimes I come here to organize my thoughts. Please wait a moment."

"No tea, thank you. I will not dwell long for conversation, and will get straight to the point."

Lalisa did not have the luxury for leisurely conversation. Jungkook had said that if he did not hear from her in two hours, he would come here in person, not to mention there was still other work to be done. She didn't intend to waste any more time.

"And your point is..."

"Please lend your support Crown Prince Jungkook."

"...!"