45. One Small Bud

Jungkook's visit to the Blaise mansion was sure to be gossiped about, but it was best not to reveal as much as possible. No matter the fact that Lalisa and the prince were lovers, some noblemen would still speculate why the crown prince would visit the Blaises himself. There must be a group of people who would find a political reason. For now, it was best to keep Hyunbin out of the way and have it look like that Jungkook was simply passing by. Everything needed a justification. Jungkook had requested this beforehand as well, and if it weren't for that, Lalisa would have found it harder to deal with her father's stubbornness.

"Why are your eyes look wet today?"

"...Don't joke."

Lalisa remembered how she felt like she had been stabbed needlessly, but she soon straightened her face. Jungkook then stepped back and smiled.

"I'm not being funny."

For some reason Jungkook seemed playful and friendly today, a sharp contrast to the time he brought a dismembered nobleman's head at the party. Lalisa had asked Jimin once before–was Jungkook a playful person? Jimin then solemnly answered that he did not play games... So it seemed that only Lalisa saw this side of him.

"My father is waiting in the dining room. I stopped him from coming out to meet you. This is an informal visit."

"This way, Your Highness–"

"If this is an informal visit, why are you calling me Your Highness?"

Lalisa couldn't think of how to reply. This grand reception not only involved Hyunbin and Roseanne, but all the servants as well. Lalisa secretly glanced at the other servants' faces and wondered if calling the prince "Kookie" would cause an issue. Jungkook smiled lightly as if he knew what she was thinking about.

"What does the rest of them matter?"

Most of the people working in the mansion were under the control of the Blaises. Sometimes a case like Sophie's may appear...but that didn't matter. They were supposed to be madly in love, both at home and in public.

"Kookie..."

She murmured his name, and a few of the servants nearby raised their eyebrows. Very few people, except for the Emperor, the Empress, and his brother, were allowed call the crown prince by a personal name.

"Say it like that. You promised me that you would call me by my nickname when we're alone."

One of the maids gave a small scream of "Kyaaa!" Jungkook's words sounded so romantic that it had come out unintentionally. Lalisa turned her hot face away from Jungkook and made to lead him inside.

"I know. I didn't forget my promise."

She was supposed to call him Kookie per the contract, but they had met in so many official locations that the name did not stick in her mouth. Only after hearing her reaffirm it did Jungkook look satisfied.

"Let's go."

Then Jungkook followed Lalisa into the mansion.

"This way, please. I'll show you to the dining room."

She turned her head to look at Jungkook, and she saw the maids' eyes shining brightly. All servants felt the chemistry between Lalisa and Jungkook was simmering hot.

Just before the couple entered the dining room they were left alone, and Lalisa dropped her eyes.

"No matter how much we pretend to be in love, saying that all of a sudden somewhat embarrasses me."

"Why?"

"Because you're telling me to call you by an affectionate name in front of others."

"I only said what we promised."