130. You're Different From The Empress

Lalisa and Hwasa moved to a quiet place where they could talk alone. After entering the room, Hwasa cast Lalisa nervous glance.

"May I ask why you wanted to see me privately, Your Highness?"

"There's no reason for alarm. You have helped me greatly...and I wanted to say thank you."

When Lalisa had returned to the past, vicious rumors spread by Helen were rife in society, and she had no one to turn to for help. Lalisa was forced to blackmail Hwasa about her secret son and make her cooperate. Their first encounter was not a good one.

In anticipation of a long conversation, Lalisa sat down first and gracefully gestured to the seat across from her. Hwasa sat down as well, looking relieved that she had not been called for a serious reason.

"I see. It's only natural for me to support the Crown Princess, so words of thanks are not necessary."

"Countess Viviana. I don't know how to say this, but I want to repay you and offer you my sincere counsel."

"Yes, Your Highness."

"...Why won't you speak of your hidden son?"

"...!"

Hwasa's expression hardened like steel. She thought Lalisa had brought her here to offer her gratitude, and Hwasa instantly raised her walls at the mention of her son.

However, Lalisa believed this was the best way. The biological father of Viviana's son would soon appear, and in another reality, Hwasa had chosen to take her life instead of burdening the Viviana family. That alone was a tragedy, but what followed was even more grief.

Her husband mourned her deeply, and the secret son, who missed his mother, dreamt of revenge. Soon afterwards, they would both be at each other's throats. Lalisa wanted to do anything within her power to avoid such an outcome.

Despite the sincerity of Lalisa's actions, Hwasa only looked on with a cold glare.

"I don't believe you need to be involved in this, Your Highness. You must have forgotten your promise to keep my secret until the end."

"I don't mean this as a threat—"

"If you want something, say it honestly. I don't like listening to roundabout explanations."

Hwasa completely misunderstood her intentions. From the countess' point of view, she felt threatened that Lalisa would reveal the secret that she wanted to keep hidden the most.

Lalisa swallowed her sigh, and continued more carefully than before.

"Please do not misunderstand. My intentions are honest, and I don't want you to make a choice whose outcome you'll regret."

"..."

Hwasa continued to look suspicious, but Lalisa continued to say what she had prepared.

"Please consider it. There is no secret in this world that remains eternal. If someone finds out, how will you handle it?"

"That is for me to worry about."

"Yes. You may even choose to commit suicide to save your honor. But have you ever thought about your family that you will leave behind?"

Hwasa looked momentarily taken aback, but she soon smoothed out her expression.

"Because you asked me, Your Highness, I will answer. Wouldn't it be a happier ending if I were gone? My husband will get a new wife, and my son will be able to live more freely than he does now."

"Don't you love the both of them enough not to do that?"

"...!"

Hwasa's eyes trembled. Count and Countess Viviana had oft been spoken of in society as having the ideal romantic marriage. Lalisa knew better than anyone that that was true, as she had known it from the future.