71. You're So Beautiful

Lalisa was dazed. All thoughts of the crowds watching them completely flew from her mind. The only thing that filled her field of view were Jungkook's blazing sapphire eyes.

After a while, his lips, hot and greedy against her own, finally fell away. Lalisa gazed at him in astonishment, while Jungkook wiped her damp lips with his thumb. The gesture felt so natural that her red eyes trembled.

'What on earth...'

What was this man thinking?

Her numbed brain shattered into a whirlpool of thoughts. Perhaps Jungkook didn't think a simple kiss was an option, contrary to Lalisa's notion. Maybe he just thought a wedding was supposed to end in a strong kiss. Or perhaps he decided he needed to display a convincing love affair with her.

Lalisa tried untangle Jungkook's psychology in her head, but there was no way of knowing which theory was right. Suddenly, she remembered what he had said the day they were alone on a boat together.

— If you have any questions, ask me anything. I'll be honest with you.

She stared at Jungkook with wide eyes, and spoke in a soft voice that was audible only to him.

"...What are you thinking?"

Jungkook's eyes still burned with a warm heat. He gazed unflinchingly at her.

"I want to do it one more time."

"...!"

Lalisa's eyes widened even more. She dimly registered the storm of applause and cheers for the couple who had just shared their kiss of oath.

"Waaaaaah—"

Soon there were popping sounds, and fireworks dazzled the blue sky. When Lalisa looked towards the guest seats, she saw Roseanne whooping with a radiant look, her brother Namjoon wearing a conflicted expression, and her father with his usual solemn face.

There were many others she also knew. Marchioness Marissa and her close friends from the south. Hwasa, who was one of the most influential people in capital society, and Lady Eunha, who was the Madonna of the ball in the previous life. Lalisa also spotted Yerim and Tzuyu glaring at her.

Lalisa had to remind herself that today was her wedding. She felt as if she had entered another realm for a moment, and then was dropped back to reality.

Jungkook truly was a mysterious man. Even today, Lalisa felt possessed by him like a ghost. Fortunately, her shaking heart began to subside, and she quickly took control of her confused feelings and waved to the crowd. She murmured to Jungkook from the corner of her mouth.

"I'll allow you to kiss me once, but not twice."

Jungkook's forehead wrinkled at her words, then he laughed.

"My bride is so astute that it's troubling."

Lalisa blinked at his words. If she didn't pull herself together, she would be going at Jungkook's pace.

'I'm sure he's a playboy.'

He seemed so skilled with women, while Lalisa, on the other hand, had no experience and stumbled whenever a situation caught her off guard. However, it shouldn't have to be this way, when they may be doing more than kissing in the future. She didn't want to be startled by this level of touch. Moreover, she had allowed this kiss, and in this situation it really was unavoidable.

Lalisa set aside her thoughts of that searing kiss. She had many more things to take care of.

'Such as the Empress and the Second Prince...'