76. I WIll Teach You

As she finished preparing for her first outing at the Crown Prince's palace, Lalisa made towards the private training hall where she was informed Jungkook was. She received envied looks from everyone during her short journey through the palace, as rumors already spread that the Crown Prince bestowed her an enormous return gift out of sheer love for her.

The knights at the training hall immediately bowed their heads at Lalisa's unexpected appearance.

"Hail the Crown Princess. Eternal glory to the Ruford Empire."

The greeting was still unfamiliar, thought no longer disconcerting, and she nodded gracefully in acknowledgment. She had already been here with Taehyung, and the weapons lined on the walls no longer made her feel awkward.

As she approached Jungkook's private training hall, she heard the sound of a sword cutting through the air.

She soon caught sight of Jungkook with his sword in his grip, and just like before, he was not wearing a shirt. This time, however, she wasn't here to study his swordsmanship skills.

"Kookie."

He immediately stopped and turned his head, revealing to Lalisa his blue eyes and the mysterious fever in them.

"Are you up already? I thought you would sleep longer. You looked quite tired last night."

Despite his concern over Lalisa's condition, he was the one that looked exhausted.

"I slept well enough. Don't you ever sleep, Kookie? You look worse than usual. "

"Well, I suppose..."

She was sure he had fallen asleep first, and she looked at him quizzically.

"Did you have any problems last night?"

"No. I...I just couldn't sleep."

It was strange that Kookie, tired as he was, didn't get any rest, but Lalisa brushed it aside. There was something else that was more important. She drew herself up and looked squarely at Jungkook.

"I saw your return gifts."

"I see."

Jungkook stared at her casually, but Lalisa had a lot she wanted to say.

"Firstly, I appreciate the exaggerated rumors of our relationship. I am grateful for the intention of your gifts."

It was a good result, but she wasn't entirely happy about it.

"But it's too much of a burden for me to pay back."

"Then place it as part of your debt."

"I don't want to owe you anymore. I don't know how much I can pay back, and it's not my nature to keep receiving it."

She was grateful for the elevation of her prestige at home and abroad, but in her heart she did not want the return gifts. Jungkook smirked.

"I'm not going to accept the gifts I gave you."

"I've kept track of everything you've given me so far, and I cannot make any more concessions. You've already given so much, so please."

Jungkook took in Lalisa's stern expression, and then he burst into laughter.

"Sometimes I think how much easier it would be if you were like other women and liked jewelry and dresses."

Jungkook sheathed his sword, and walked towards Lalisa in his half-naked state. She couldn't help but notice every ripple of his solid, well-built muscles.

He stopped in front of her and looked down at her. Then, slowly, he lifted his hand and carefully tucked a strand of Lalisa's hair behind her ear.

Was it an illusion, or was her heart pounding wildly? She looked up at Jungkook with trembling eyes, and continued to speak in a soft voice.