70. Wedding of the Century

Lalisa found herself rushed off her feet the moment she opened her eyes on her wedding day.

Starting in the morning, her hair and makeup was styled by an army of experts, and all the family's maid servants were mobilized to help her dress from head to toe. Roseanne, as well as Jennie, who had came to the mansion from afar, kept their attentive eyes on her. Finally, the preparations were complete.

"Oh my word!"

Jennie wasn't the only one who was stunned. Many of the maids' and experts' mouths opened in surprise as well.

There was never a more perfect bride, and Lalisa had an ethereal glow about her that didn't seem to come from this world. She was already pretty, but today she dazzled so brightly that everyone in the room was held captive by her beauty.

"You look incredible, Lady Blaise. I've been to countless weddings, but I've never seen such a gorgeous bride."

Lalisa gave a faint smile at the lavish compliment.

"Even if you're only saying it because it's my wedding, I appreciate the compliment."

"I'm not lying. Ask anyone else, and they would have the same answer. Isn't that right, everyone?"

Jennie turned to the room, and all the women enthusiastically nodded.

"You're so beautiful, My Lady."

"The absolute best!"

As they all sang their compliments, Lalisa was swept up by a new feeling of embarrassment and happiness. Her eyes turned towards the young woman who had achieved all this and shouldered more work than anyone else—Roseanne. She was watching the scene with a look of satisfaction.

"It's all because of you, Roseanne. Thank you."

Roseanne answered with a bright smile and a blush of embarrassment.

"But you're a lovely model. No matter how beautiful the dress was, it wouldn't look as good if it weren't for you."

The atmosphere warmed between them, when suddenly there was a rap on the door. Nayeon was the first to get to the door.

"Who is it?"

Bambam's voice answered in reply.

"The master of the house is here."

"Oh, yes. Just a moment."

Nayeon rushed back and informed Lalisa that Hyunbin was waiting outside. As Lalisa had already finished dressing for the ceremony, she looked round at everyone before speaking.

"Thank you for all your hard work since this morning. My father is here, so please return to your duties. I will call you if I need any assistance."

The maids replied in a simultaneous chorus.

"Yes, My Lady."

Jennie looked on at Lalisa admiringly. Even the most prestigious noble families could not easily assert a hierarchy among their servants. The maids had no reason to be loyal to the lady of the house.

"Then I'll be waiting outside. Please let me know when the Count leaves."

"Yes, thank you."

Roseanne also asked Lalisa if she wanted to be alone with their father, and when Lalisa answered in the affirmative, Roseanne made to leave as well.

"I'll go now then. I'll see you later, sister."

"Yes."

When the room finally emptied, Alphord entered. Though dressed in a splendid suit, he wasn't much changed. The elaborate costume made him stand out more, but he still wore the solemn and heavy look of a middle-aged gentleman.