68. Don't Run Away

Jimin's employment at Blaise mansion began. He used to sneak inside the mansion to protect Lalisa's side, but now he was able to walk in the open.

The advantages and disadvantages were obvious. He didn't have to worry about other people's gazes, but it was difficult to move about secretly because his face was known to the residents. Presently, Jimin was reporting his status to one of Jungkook's men, who had disguised himself as a postman.

"Tell the General that the infiltration was successful."

"Yes, sir!"

Jimin would have reported to Jungkook himself, but from now on he had to communicate through letters or through the mouths of other people. It was best to communicate through Jungkook's men as directly as possible, as using a messenger or letter could risk exposure to the outside world. Fortunately, he didn't have to worry greatly about it; Grocers, gardeners, interior decorators-there were hundreds of visitors a day to the Blaise mansion, many of whom had already been filled with Jungkook's people. Otherwise, until now, it would not have been easy for him to notice every time Lalisa hung a red handkerchief on her window.

'I thought the security would already be enough before the wedding...'

But when a mysterious intruder suddenly appeared, their side had no choice but to be put on high alert. There was a weakness in his defense, despite his best efforts to secure the house as best he could.

'In the end, it turned out like this.'

They were clearly limited when only surveilling the mansion from the outside, but the reason why they didn't infiltrate the mansion before was because this was the Blaise residence. The home was often visited by highly trained knights, and with the Blaise's formidable information network, there was a high risk of getting caught. Above all, the possibility that Lalisa would not let it pass could not be ruled out. While she may know she was already under surveillance to a certain extent, it was also different from infiltrating the mansion and knowing her every move. Every family had secrets that they wanted to keep hidden.

'Was it really only easy to enter because of the Young Lady?'

After Jimin spending several days constructing a fake identity and resume, Roseanne had allowed him to work without an interview. It seemed that Mirabelle had greatly influenced Lalisa on persuading him to stay as well. It was a great advantage of course, but that meant Jimin had been trying to avoid Roseanne at every turn.

It was when Jimin was watching the postman rush back to deliver the message to Jungkook-

There was the sound of footsteps, and someone suddenly appeared by Jungkook's side.

"What are you doing here?"

Roseanne stared up at him with her shining green eyes. She hadn't allowed Jimin to rest for a moment since he started employment, and he felt like he was the one under strict surveillance.

"I was only standing here. What are you doing here?"

"It's almost time for lunch, so I went looking for you*."

Jimin did not understand why she would go looking for him at meal time. More importantly, Roseanne's tone was too polite for addressing a servant. Jimin face remained expressionless as he spoke in a low voice.

"There is no need for hardship for my sake. Please address me just like any other servant."

"What shall I call you?"

"Just call me Jimin."

"Really? Can I really?"

She looked as if Jimin had given her an amazing present. He found her reaction a little embarrassing. It was natural for the mistress of the house to call out the name of the servant working in the mansion. Jimin simply gave his permission, and somehow Roseanne seemed overjoyed that he gave her his first name, not his last, even though it didn't have any special meaning.