128. Why Are You Helping Me?

Roseanne finally awoke, and when she heard of Lalisa's dinner party, she offered her help. She scrutinized Lalisa's wardrobe before making a decision.

"Why don't you wear this dress tonight?"

The selection of Lalisa's dress would be just as important as the dinner itself. There was no time to tailor a new dress, but it was crucial for the Crown Princess to appear immaculate in social events. No matter how high a position she held, she could not afford for the nobles to whisper behind her back if she was dressed poorly. No other place was more fashion-conscious than high society, and she attracted more attention than anyone else.

She carefully studied the dress Roseanne had chosen.

"This?"

It was a radical departure from what she usually wore. The dress was a vibrant purple, and had a distinctive skirt made up of layers upon layers of tulle.

"Yes. I'll adjust this part here to make it look better. Take a look, sister."

With a few of Roseanne's modifications, the dress took on a greater sophistication and elegance. Lalisa stared at the scene before her, and she couldn't help but make a sound of admiration.

"Roseanne, this dress is truly unique."

Roseanne had an exceptional talent for design, but she still blushed at her sister's praise.

"Do you like it?"

"Of course. You chose it."

The dress was fashionable and individualistic, meant to stand out and make a statement, rather than be quiet and elegant. Lalisa had assumed selecting the perfect outfit for tonight would be difficult, but Roseanne had chosen something exceptional. Lalisa replied with a gentle smile.

"Thank you. I won't have to worry about the dress anymore with your help."

"It's only fair between us. I owe you so much."

A faint smile crossed Roseanne's lips, but her eyes were still pools of sadness. The shadow of Jimin still loomed in her heart.

Lalisa meant to say something about it, but then she bit her tongue. For now, it would be best to leave Roseanne alone.

"Please try out the dress, sister."

"Yes. Just one moment."

Lalisa entered the fitting room and put on the dress with the help of a maid. A few minutes later, the curtain was pulled away, and Roseanne's green eyes suddenly widened. She clapped enthusiastically when she saw her sister's stunning appearance.

"I thought it would look good on you, but it's more amazing than I expected. You're beautiful."

Lalisa turned towards the mirror. Roseanne's compliments were true; it was as if this dress was made just for her. She looked even more ethereal than usual, and she smiled in satisfaction.

"Yes. I like it even more when I put it on myself."

The girls pleasant conversation was suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Enter."

The door opened, and a maid came inside, who bowed before giving her message.

"Your Highness, Lord Namjoon from Blaise mansion is here."

It was time for Roseanne to go back. Shestood up with a slight expression of regret.

"I have to go back now, sister."

"Wait one moment, Roseanne."

Lalisa pulled out a letter she had written in the midst of preparing for the dinner party. Roseanne accepted the envelope with an inquisitive look.