Jungkook had a different reason in mind, but Lalisa gave a chuckle, as his idea wasn't a bad one either. He wanted to touch her because he loved her, yet at the same time, it was because he loved her that he didn't touch her.

There was a knock on the carriage door. Jungkook turned his head, where someone's presence was obscured by the closed window curtains.

"It's time for Her Majesty's health tonic."

As of late, Lalisa took a daily tonic for pregnant women. Because Jungkook was so concerned about her health, he made sure that she took her medicine and reported it no matter what.

"Stop the procession. We'll start again after she takes her health tonic."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

At Jungkook's order, not only did the carriage stop, but the entirety of the column marching outside. Lalisa was flattered that her husband cared so much about her, but she couldn't help but be embarrassed.

The carriage door opened soon after, and a maid arrived bearing the tonic. Jungkook took the bowl, then scooped the tonic with a spoon.

"Here."

Lalisa had done this several times already, but her face still turned beet-red.

"I can drink it myself. My hand works fine, and you don't have to spoon-feed me, Kookie."

Jungkook had a light, mischievous smile on his face.

"You're saying that today? Because I'm not going to give in."

"If you keep doing this, other people will—"

"If you don't like me spoon-feeding you, then how about I use my mouth? Actually, I'd prefer it that way."

Jungkook's blue eyes squinted with laughter, but Lalisa understood at once that he wasn't joking. He wasn't the type to suggest things he didn't mean. However, she had been almost killed by a poisoned arrow once, and she felt stronger than she did then.

In the end, Lalisa opened her mouth with an "aah", and Jungkook gave a wry smile.

"My wife knows me too well."

He scooped the tonic with a spoon and carefully placed it in her mouth. She accepted the drink like a baby bird as she glanced furtively up at him through his lashes. Her heart swelled to see the Emperor feeding her with a careful expression on his face.

How could she describe this feeling? The mere fact that Jungkook was by her side turned every moment into a happy one. She couldn't say this out loud though; if he knew about this, he would act more like this from now on.

"Hmmm. I taste it every time, but it's too bitter."

"Is that so?"

Jungkook glanced at the nearly empty bowl, then suddenly leaned in close to Lalisa. Then, with his tongue, he swiped the liquid that clung to her lips.

Lalisa looked startled at the sudden kiss, but Jungkook continued to stare at her in a casual manner.

"Yes. Just as you said, it's too bitter."

"What—"

"Of course, it tasted sweet to me because of your lips."

Blood rushed to Lalisa's face, and her naked reaction broadened Jungkook's smile even further.

"That kind of face only makes me want to tease you more."

"...What face?"

"This lovely one."