121. How Are You Two Together?

Start from the beginning

"If My Lord says so...there is one thing."

Namgil looked expectantly into his eyes, and Woobin quickly nodded and shouted in a loud voice.

"When you are crowned emperor, please make your loyal servant into a general!"

It impossible for a non-noble like Woobin to become a general of the Ruford Empire, not unless the heavens and earth opened up. Namgil's rebellion would be a drastic change of the status quo. It was likely that many of today's nobles would be purged of their positions, while new people would rise up to take their place. Woobin did not want to miss this opportunity.

Namgil gave a moment's thought, and then he smiled.

"Very well. You know I don't look down on ambition."

"Thank—"

Before Woobin could express his gratitude, Namgil's voice continued.

"But I hate those who don't know their own place. If you make similar contributions in the future, I will give you a position above even that of a general."

"...!"

In short, Namgil was telling him to continue putting in the same amount of effort. It wasn't a definite promise, but Woobin could clearly see the possibilities. When he understood what Namgil said, he fell to his knees.

"I will never let you down, Your Majesty."

Namgil's eyes glimmered at the title Woobin addressed him with. He slowly stroked his dark beard.

"I hope so. For now, continue to monitor the Crown Prince and Crown Princess and report to me."

"Yes. I am your loyal servant."

With the tournament over, Lalisa took off Namjoon's armor and quickly changed back into her dress. She headed towards the safe room where her brother was resting. Thanks to Jungkook's secret transfer, Lalisa was able to safely go to Namjoon's side without being noticed by anyone else. Not long after she arrived, her brother began to stir in his bed.

"...Uhmm."

Lalisa quickly approached him, her eyebrows knitted in anxiety.

"Brother, are you all right?"

Namjoon's eyes opened a slit, and he peered at Lalisa in confusion.

"Your Highness? Oh, the match...!"

Namjoon remembered that he had lost consciousness and quickly tried to sit up. However, Lalisa grabbed her brother by the shoulder and tried to coax him back down.

"Don't worry about the tournament."

"How long have I been asleep? I have to get ready—"

"The tournament is already over."

"...What?"

"And the winner is...is you, brother."

He looked at her disbelief, and Lalisa spoke again.

"I...I ordered someone to take your place."

"Y-Your Highness."

Namjoon spoke in an uncharacteristically shaky voice. His expression was contorted as if he couldn't believe the events that were explained to him.

"How did you find someone? What will you do if anyone finds out? It's a violation of the rules for sometime to compete in another's place."

Lalisa frowned inwardly as she listened to her brother's reprimand. He was a man of integrity, and would probably have been satisfied with a death in the battlefield. Namjoon was honorable to a fault.