76. I WIll Teach You

Start from the beginning

"I wish you were a woman who I could interest with jewels, that your eyes could be dazzled by wealth."

"...What do you mean?"

"You're too difficult for me."

Lalisa thought that the conversation was flowing in a strange direction, but before she pursue that thought, Jungkook continued.

"I accept your opinion. We can't fight on our full first day of marriage."

"...Really?"

Lalisa's face brightened as he agreed with her. But Jungkook wasn't finished yet.

"Think of the return gifts as the cost to maintain the standard of living."

The cost to upkeep the crown princess' lifestyle was quite large, but it certainly wasn't equivalent to the jewels he gave. Lalisa's brow wrinkled in a frown.

"No matter how large the maintenance costs are, it's not as much as the return gifts."

"Consider it a few years worth of payment."

"But-"

"I don't want to take back what I already gave. I believe this is a good deal."

Lalisa agonized over Jungkook's decision for a moment. She anticipated his usual stubbornness, but he had conceded more than she expected. Jungkook wouldn't let her return more anyway, and so she decided to approach this another way.

"Very well."

Jungkook looked surprised at the way she coolly answered, but she wasn't done.

"Instead, please calculate the exact value of the return gifts and subtract them from the cost of living. That includes the diamonds from the wedding dress. As you suggested, I'll consider it a few years' worth of payment."

If she left Jungkook to make an estimation, she was sure he would try to pay her more again. When Jungkook replied, it was in a subdued voice.

"...If that is your wish."

"One more thing."

"What is it?"

"Just as I've accepted your extravagant gifts, please do not refuse any gifts I give you in the future."

An expectant smiled lifted on Jungkook's lips.

"Are you going to give me gifts?"

"I try to give back as much as I receive."

"...I'm looking forward to it."

Unlike Lalisa, Jungkook was quite happy to receive gifts. He nodded and replied without any hesitation.

"I won't complain about anything you give me, so don't worry."

"It's a promise."

"I'll keep my word."

A new promise was forged between the two.

Lalisa could not tell this to Jungkook directly, but she had already made a decision after receiving his return gifts.

'I should start investing soon.'

She hadn't planned this far from the beginning, but Jungkook's continued financial support naturally made her wonder where to spend all the money. She had realized that she knew the future. Business wasn't her primary skill, but she could invest in the ones that she knew would be successful. Jungkook's unexpected return gifts was a great opportunity to begin.

'Just wait. I'm going to increase our fortune.'

Lalisa wanted to give back to Jungkook more than he had given her, and so she made him promise not to refuse her extravagant gifts. As such, she was determined to organize a business plan based on her memories in the near future.