71. You're So Beautiful

Magsimula sa umpisa

Lalisa's vivid red eyes reflected the image of Emperor Gongyoo and Empress Ophelia, with the Second Prince Mingyu sitting behind them. There were still many enemies to face. And although he wasn't here, Namgil would be the last.

Lalisa could never show weakness. There were countless enemies who would rip her throat the moment she revealed the slightest crack. From now on, she would begin to take the revenge that she had failed to fulfill in her last life. This marriage was her first major step forward.

Jungkook's open hand appeared before Lalisa to escort her from this point. She looked at his face and discovered that he was smiling, his eyes soft. She gazed at him curiously.

"You look happy."

"You're saying the obvious. Today is our wedding day."

She didn't know what it was like to be in a contract marriage, but she didn't mind his warm gaze on her. She took Jungkook's hand, and they slowly paraded through Bellouet Square. She glanced at Empress Ophelia and Prince Mingyu, then turned to look at Jungkook again.

"I feel happy having a partner like you, too."

It was the same feeling she had after Mingyu's party. She was lucky to have chosen Jungkook. Many enemies stood in their way, but if they walked together as they did now, they would overcome the most challenging of adversaries. Jungkook smiled gently as he looked at the will burning in her eyes.

"My bride says something very admirable."

*

*

*

Lalisa and Jungkook were carried back to the imperial palace in a carriage. The wedding was a performance, but now it was the start of politics. Lalisa didn't get to formally greet the guests in the morning, but the reception at the Imperial Palace was her opportunity to meet the nobles and foreign envoys in person.

Upon arrival at the palace, she changed from her diamond wedding dress into a simpler, more elegant gown, which alluringly revealed her back.

Jungkook was already waiting outside when Lalisa hurried to attend the reception. He looked carefully at Lalisa's waistline and spoke softly.

"This was not what I expected."

Lalisa remembered Jungkook's words at the wedding and responded teasingly.

"Why? You don't want others to look at me again?"

However, Jungkook's expression was serious as he nodded.

"You know."

Lalisa couldn't help but chuckle. Somehow, this situation was amusing to her. Jungkook truly delivered his compliments seriously. He probably wanted to dig out the eyes of the people who had seen her.

"Today is our first day of marriage. My husband shouldn't interfere with what I wear."

Jungkook expression softened at Lalisa's playful tone.

"You look good in what you wear because you're already beautiful. You're far more stunning than the dress."

Lalisa blushed at the forwardness of his compliment. Jungkook lowered his head towards her and whispered in her ear.

"But if you can, I only want you to wear it when you're with me. Or my eyes would white out in jealousy."

"...?"

"If you're with another man while I'm away, he won't be safe with you."

Jungkook's words sounded too bloodthirsty to be a joke. She remembered something else Jungkook had said in the past.