Chapter 38 Debriefing

Start from the beginning

Nebula: That's not how it works.

Clint: Well, that's what I heard.

Smart Hulk: What? By who? Who told you that?

Rhodey: Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time -

Scott: Quantum Leap -

Rhodey: A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time -

Scott: Hot Tub Time Machine -

Rhodey: Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel.

Scott: Die Hard? No, it's not one...

Rhodey: This is known.

Smart Hulk: I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future...

Nebula: Exactly.

Scott: So... Back To The Future's a bunch of bullshit?

"Pretty much. Your life is a lie."

Smart Hulk: Alright, Clint. We're going in 3... 2... 1!

A helmet similar to Ant-Man's but white and more visible face pops on Clint's head, and he goes quantum. A few seconds later Clint rematerializes on the glass platform, breathing heavily and sitting on the platform.

"Are you okay Clint?"

Clint: Yeah, it worked. It worked.

I smiled and we told everyone and set our plan to find the stones. We all were in a room with some hologram displays, showcasing each of the six Infinity Stones, sitting around a table. Tony, Steve and Bruce are pacing at the front, telling us the planning of the mission.

Steve: Okay, so the "how" works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones.

Tony: Well, I substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones.

"He got a point."

Scott: I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about.

Smart Hulk: Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history.

Tony: Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in.

Clint: Which means we have to pick our targets.

Tony: Correct.

"So, we need to pick the right place and the right time to get the infinity stones."

Steve: Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?

Thor is sitting on a chair with his sunglasses on. It is impossible to tell whether he is awake or asleep.

Natasha: Is he sleeping?

Rhodey: No, I'm pretty sure he's dead.

Grandpa: You sure?

I got up and gently slapped Thor's face and he woke up.

"Nope he's alive."

Thor gets up and goes to face everyone.

Thor: Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someone's gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves... Wooooh, scary beings. So, Jane.