Spilling Unknowingly || Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

"Fuck I feel so stupid for crying over this shit; I'm over it." She said as she wiped her face. She was just trying to convince herself she was over it but she was far from over it.

"If you were over it then it wouldn't affect you like this." She laughed slightly and nodded.

"I guess so." She drank the rest of the water and gave him the cup. They locked eyes and she smiled.

"Don't look at me like that for the love of god." She said as she laughed slightly. It was a genuine laugh this time though.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't pity me, I hate when I let shit slip out and people watch me with pity, it's fucking annoying." He laughed slightly which made her smile.

"I'm sorry, you're stuck here with me instead of going out to enjoy your night." Lyla said lowly as she looked at him with a regretful face.

"I didn't want to go either way so it's fine." He shrugged before getting up and taking his jacket off after placing the glass down and going towards his closet.

"You're still stuck here because of me. Everyone's just stuck with me.." she sighed.

"If I wanted to go out I would of, don't think like that." He said as he hung his jacket up and took his belt off. She gawked at the way his muscles looked every time he moved.

"I'm still sorry. I'm such a magnet for shitty people..." she sighed out throwing her head onto the headboard.

"What does that mean?" He asked as he sat down on his side of the bed.

"My parents were shitty, the people who adopted me were always shitty, the friends I had before were shitty...just everything."

"So I'm shitty?" He asked in an amused tone with a small soft smile.

"Especially you, you're such an ass sometimes." She said before slapping a hand over her mouth. He couldn't help but smile harder though he tried to fight it.

"I'm an ass huh?" His smile was still visible.

"Fuck I'm so sorry." She quickly spoke as she looked at him scared.

"It's fine, and I'm only an ass because you take it upon yourself to ruin my day with your rudeness. Why don't you ever try in school?" He's asked this so many times just wishing she'll be honest.

"What's the point?" She laughed slightly once again. He would ask her this question every chance he got just wishing she would give him an honest answer, he knew she wasn't lying when she said she didn't care but he wanted to know why exactly.

"To better yourself."

"For what? What do I have going for me? I can't even afford a mint though my father's flighty rich, I sure as hell can't afford college, all the men I attract are ass, and let's be honest." She fully turned to him and he just watched her as she tried to prove her point. He was finally getting the truth from her, the hurtful truth.

"Who in their right mind would want me? Have you met my sharp tongue? On top of that my criminal record is long as hell. Who's parents would approve of their son dating me? I've already came to terms with my life not being worth jack shit so why bother? My own parents didn't want me so why would anyone else?" She returned to her previous position but still looked at him as he stayed silent deep in thought.

"You should get some rest." She sighed but didn't argue and just went to sleep.

She didn't know how or why she felt so comfortable telling him all her life story but she was glad she got to share it with someone. She was also lucky she didn't let slip the real reason why she was going to that school in the first place.

God forbid he ever did find out.

_____

I ship them‼️.

Xoxo,

~ Thunder ~

Hope you have a blessed day❤️.