𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

Warren

My heart is breaking inside my chest. But not because of the news but because of what Evelyn must feel. The woman has loved children since she was a teenager. From stopping between our meals to greet a baby to holding one even if they'd be crying.

I've always known Evelyn would be a great mother. I've seen her maternal instincts since we were seventeen.

My eyes glue to her tears that keep falling. She brushes each of them away but a new wave follows through.

"I can't be a mother."

Approaching her slowly I take her by her waist and press her into my chest. Holding the back of her head I press a kiss to her head. "I need you to stop crying. I can't handle your tears."

Sniffling in my embrace she cleans her face and peek up at me. "I'm fine."

"I know." I look into her fresh blue eyes. "We'll see when the time comes. When you're ready to do that with me."

"One of my fallopian tubes is blocked. And getting pregnant with the other has a very low chance and high risk. So it's not about time. It's about me."

I'm tongue tied as I hold her.

"I should check the cookies." Withdrawing from me she gets to the oven and takes out the tray. Letting the cookies cool, she checks up on the girls who're sleeping in front of the TV when it's only eight in the evening.

Evelyn and I pack the cookies and then clean the kitchen. Silence stretches between us and its ends tightens the more time passes.

Finn and Paul arrive and take the girls away.

I order takeout while Evelyn arranges things back to their place in the living room. Her face is stern and her lips are thinned from our earlier conversation.

I'm letting the grave reality of the situation sink in as deep as I can.

Of course I'm wretched that she can't have children. The reality that the one woman I want to impregnate can't bear my kids is making me immensely sad. I've always wanted Evelyn. A future, family, and other shit with her. But now I can see it all fading away into the area that I don't know how to tread into.

Dissolving most of the lights in the penthouse I take a seat with her at the couch and watch her staring at the tv that's playing cartoons.

"I'm so sorry." She says.

"Don't apologize. It's not your fucking fault." I say gently.

"Except it is. It's my body's fault. Something is wrong with me and it can't be fixed."

Taking her chin I turn her towards me till she's looking at me. "I want you. Nothing will ever change that. You can't have kids. It's fine. We'll adopt. There are so many options and opportunities. Besides, you do have a chance. Even though it's a high risk."

"You don't und-"

"I do. But you need to stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault."

Evelyn glares at me and before she can curse at me I say. "And if you don't agree with me. I'll have you bend over my knee and make you come so hard you'll forget speaking."

"You crazy stupid ass-"

Pressing my lips to hers I silence her and swallow her little noises and gasps. My hand travels to her throat as I clasp my fingers around the delicate column. My skin thrums with her heartbeats and gets warm.

"Your mouth is so dirty. We should put it to good use."

Unbuckling myself I take my dick out that's throbbing with ache. I stroke myself as I steal kisses from her and dip my hand down the front of her dress to touch her.

"Warren." She moans as I caress the tip of her right breast and latch my mouth onto the nape of her neck.

"You're safe with me darling." I say between kisses and then lay a lingering one over her forehead. "I still feel the same about you as before."

Lying her over the couch I hover her and get rid of her clothes. Mine comes next.

When we're both naked I let my mouth kiss every inch of her that I can and use my hand to touch her in places I can find.

Underneath me she gasps and moans and the stiffness in her body leaves the more I worship her.

"You're so beautiful that you take my breath away." I say looking into her eyes as my knuckles caress past her cleavage, stomach and stop at the abdomen.

Something raw and intense flicker through her eyes before I can catch it. Something that makes her take my face in both of her hands and kiss me. A kiss that pulls me towards her and I fall into her like the first snow of winter.

My fingers massage her wet clit and she moans into, shifting me off my equilibrium.

Fuck. I love this woman so fucking much. It's almost uncontainable, as if there's not a single vessel in this world that can measure the amount of my love for her.

Not breaking the kiss I shift a little and then enter her in one thrust that makes her grip my hair harder.

Our lips pull apart and I look down at her hazy eyes and parted red lips. So bold. So lovely.

Pounding into her I get high on every sweet moan that leaves her.

Her muscles close about me and I'm damn near, but draw it farther away so she's the first to do it.

I dig my fingers into her hips and rock into at a speed that rolls my fucking eyes.

Evelyn holds onto me by locking her arms around my neck but I take her wrists and pin them above her head.

Looking down I stare into her eyes. "You will become a mother one day."

A few seconds later her eyes fill with tears and I interlock our fingers above her head, slowing down my thrusts as I move into her.

"I don't know." She whispers as a tear slides down her cheek. I kiss it away.

"I'll make a mother out of you." I say with a smirk.

A smile bubbles despite her falling tears. "You think you can fix my blocked fallopian tube?"

Nuzzling my head into her crook of neck I kiss her drumming pulse three times. "I don't know about that. But for your happiness, I will do anything."

Kissing her I make love to her in the dark and silence. Our moans fill the room and dissolve the tension.

Evelyn comes first and goes weak against me as I spill into her.

Carrying her in my arms I take her to my bedroom and tuck her in bed but she leaves to use the bathroom. When she returns I nestle her into my arms she sighs and then let sleep take her.

My hand palms her spine as I run it up and down wishing for a future that seems foggy in front of the window of our agonizing past.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Thank you for reading <3