𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Evelyn

I've been in such a good mood since last night. It's definitely because of the sex talk I had with Warren. I know I'm stupid for letting him talk to me like that. But I started this in the first place.

True to his words, he's been trying to make it up to me. Starting from the contract to the flowers he sent me yesterday.

The hollow space in my heart is filling up with whatever witchcraft he's using.

I won't say that all my hard feelings for him are gone. Because they're not. The seams of his betrayal run deep like the roots of an ancient tree under soil. The pain he caused me is there and I don't think I'll ever be able to look past it.

However, there are soft feelings that have been growing more lately; I have no control over them whatsoever. It's like the guy knows how to make me smile and trigger butterflies in my stomach.

I mean I should be familiar with that since we share a history.

A hand shakes me and I see Tinsely looking at me in worry.

"I'm sorry Miss Evelyn. You were not listening to me and I needed you to listen to me. I mean not like that. It's just there's a lot of work and I want to get it done soon. Please forgi—"

"It's fine Tinsely. Don't worry. Show me whatever it is."

On her iPhone, she replays some videos and swipes through a reel of photos she's taken of the office and the recent orders we've filled.

After we finalize she turns to leave but stops at the door.

"Miss Evelyn can I ask—"

"At this stage, you can call me Evelyn," I add a smile.

"I have a question."

"Please ask."

Chewing on her bottom lip for a few seconds she tightens her hold on her phone and meets my gaze.

"Are you and Mr. Archer dating?"

My mind stops working as I stare at her in shock.

I've never seen Tinsely indulge in the private matters of anyone. Even though she's shy she says exactly what's on her mind.

"No, we're not. We're good friends." Who talks about the kiss and pleasure occasionally.

Tinsely thinks for a few seconds and then speaks up. "I think he likes you. I've never seen Mr. Archer with anyone at the office. Beth tries hard to get his attention. But he's always ignored her. And then there's Kenna who's his PA. She's very mean to me. And she hardly lets any other woman into his office, which is odd as they're not dating."

My social media manager fixes her glasses perched on her nose.

At that moment I find her so cute. She's such a ray of sunshine in my office.

"As I was saying, Mr. Archer likes you. And I think you guys would make a cute couple."

Looking down I hide my smile. With red cheeks, she takes the leave.

I search the couch for Miles until I realize he decided to stay at home. I miss him so much.

Yasmine comes in dragging Ivan by his ear. Shutting the door, she settles him on the chair and then takes the other.

"Tell her what did you do?"

Ivan is rubbing his ear and grimacing in pain.

"Here we go again," I mutter as I grab the side of my head.