𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Evelyn

"Ms. Melgren, would you like to add something?" Beth asks as she closes the folder.

"No. I'm content with the progress and the work—" sparing a look at my employees, I continued, "— you all have done. Good job!" I give a rewarding smile.

"I want to add something," Tinsely speaks, her voice apprehensive as she adjusts her large glasses.

"Sure. What is it?"

"Later Tinsely. I have to return to Archer Enterprises." Beth stands up and starts packing her things.

"Then you can go, Beth. As I'm the CEO I can cater to whatever she has to say." Every nerve in my body strains in irritation but I try not to show it.

"But I have to be pres—" her eyes narrow as she stops fidgeting with the papers.

"Evelyn and I will take care of it. Bye Beth." Yasmine waves at her with a grin. It seems to only infuriate the woman further but Beth still wastes no time in exiting the room. I'm certain I hear everyone take a sigh of relief at her departure.

"So what do you want to say Tinsely?" I find her twiddling with her fingers.

"It doesn't matter, Ms. Melgren." Her eyes search for corners to hide from me.

"Of course it does," Declan says from beside her and I stare at them with incredulity.

"Yes. Declan is right, Tinsely," Ivan encourages, sparing a look at Declan, who is eager to look away, a small blush blooming across his cheeks.

"I'm dying of curiosity." Yasmine slams her hands on the table, breaking the trance between the trio.

"I hope your soul rests in peace." Ivan snickers with amusement twinkling in his eyes.

"Sure. I'm already looking forward to meeting your ugly T-Rex." Yasmine crosses her arms over her white silk camisole and smirks.

"T-Rexes are not ugly. They're the most beautiful creatures in the world," Ivan bursts in frustration.

"Beautiful? Are you blind? That thing only has one damn color."

"I don't want a fucking unicorn."

"At least unicorns have colors, unlike T-Rexes."

"You can't be serious."

Sometimes I wonder if I work with grownups or a bunch of kindergarten kids who are always set on throwing mud at each other.

"—will set your ass on fire Ivan," Yasmine retorts and I rub my temple.

"Ivan and Yasmine stop it. I have work to do. In fact, we all do. So let's hear what Tinsley has to say."

Like toddlers, both of them turn their faces away from each other with scowls painted on their faces.

"Tinsely go ahead." I give her a look.

"I was thinking maybe we could create a quiz on your website, instead of people booking a call and spending hours deciding what they want. The questions will be short and with multiple options so we can get as much information as we can. And then Yasmine can contact them. It'll also save them from the hassle of coming here."

Once Tinsely finishes, silence hovers over the table as everyone thinks about her suggestion.

"I think that's a great idea," Ivan says.

"Me too. I wonder why we didn't think of that earlier?" Yasmine writes down on her notepad.

"Because we weren't getting many customers before. Also, people just come here," I answer and shut the lid of my laptop.