025 | the mines of mandalore

Start from the beginning

"This R5 astromechy is built for adventure," she stated.

"It's a pile of bantha fodder but it's good," Allana said, "We'll, have to reinstall the droid port which means grogu will sit with me and then it'll be fine,"

"Because its boonta, I'll give you this baby for half price," she said and they agreed.

Whilst Peli and Allana spent the day working on the ship and reinstalling the droid part, the woman looked over at her daughter.

"I'll take the baby out of you want," she said, eyebrows raised.

"Whay do you mean?" Allana asked, stopping what she was doing.

"It's a tiny ship, I'm sure you two havent-" she said and the girl cringed, looking away.

"Maker! Fine, take the child for the night but don't talk to me about my sex life," she said, a blush on her cheeks as she finished the ship.

That's what they got, one more night of love and passion, one more night where she could look into his eyes as he held her close, where she could feel his lips against her skin.

She'd miss that most, the feeling of his kisses, the look in his eyes when they'd lie in bed afterwards, the smile on his face. She'd miss it all.

☆☆☆

THE NEXT MORNING, THEY LEFT THE hangar, flying towards the system that Mandalore was in, Grogu moving from his seat with Allana to go see what Din was talking about.

"It looks scary I know, but it was once green and beautiful back when the songs were written," he explained.

She looked out of the window at the same time as he did, looking at the planet on their left..

"It's Mandalore, the hone world of our people, every mandalorian can trace their roots back to this planet," he explained, listening to Grogu coo, "I've never been there either, I grew up on that moon,"

"You'll have to take us sometime Din," she said and he smiled ti himself.

"I will, its beautiful on Concordia," he said, thinking about bringing his family there. He then pointed to a dot on th map, "And look kid, that's where we visited Bo-Katan,"

Grogu watched as he pointed to the map, his little hands reaching out to press against the same spot.

"A Mandalorian has to know maps, that way, you'll never be lost," he said before landing the ship on the planet.

They land on the planet, coming through the thick fog to land in a small area by the rocks, "We can't comminuncate with anyone outside of the atmosphere now, down here we're completely cut off,"

Grogu looked up at him, eyes wide, "It's okay kiddo, we're gonna be fine," he promised.

"R5, you ready?" Allana asked, looking back at the droid.

It made panicked droid noises and Din rolled his eyes, "That wasn't a question," he said, his disdain for droids evident, "Go over to that split in the rock and take an air sample of the ruins below,"

"She bought that pile of junk over 9 years ago now," Allana joked, watching as it rolled out towards the rocks, "Dont be a baby, just get the samples we need!"