Castles

Martyn

I ran down the staircase, grinning. Free time! I really felt like a teenager and Cleo was my mum with all the work she was making me do. I wasn't about to complain though, I was lucky Xisuma hadn't thrown me out. I pulled up my communicator and typed out a message.

<You whisper to Renthedog> Hey man, you busy?

A moment later it pinged with a message notification. That was fast.

<Renthedog whispers to you> Nope! What's up?

<You whisper to Renthedog> Wanna hang out? Cleo finally let me have some free time

<Renthedog whispers to you> Sure! Meet at spawn?

<You whisper to Renthedog> Yep, I'll be there soon :D

<Renthedog whispers to you> Yay :D

Equipping the elytra Cleo had gifted to me, I made my way outside. Once in fresh air I launched a rocket, wobbling in the air. I wasn't used to flying so it might take a bit of practice before I got the hang of it.

Carefully I glided in the direction of spawn. Hopefully Ren didn't mind waiting a bit. Eventually spawn began to load into view. As I got closer I saw Ren standing there waiting. I landed softly next to him.

"Hey dude!" Ren immediately pounced on me and drew me into a hug, "what's up?"

"Not much" I laughed, "Cleo is letting me have some time off so I figured we could catch up". Ren didn't reply but the way his tail was wagging like crazy told me everything. Ren slowly let go of the hug, a grin plastered on his face.

"Sorry it took me a while to get here" I apologised, "I'm still getting the hang of flying".

"It's no problem" Ren grinned, "I can help if you like?"

"That'd be great actually" I agreed, "there's not many servers I've been to where we can fly so I'm quite rusty".

"Okay, show me how you usually take off" Ren commanded. I obeyed, pulling out a rocket. With my legs together I leapt up and threw the rocket to the ground. The momentum threw me upwards, about 30 meters into the sky. I turned around and soared back down to Ren.

"You're not bad" Ren eyed him, "we need to work on your feet placement".

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head.

"When you're taking off make sure your legs are in the more a lunge pose" Ren explained, "and a run up makes it easier when you're starting out".

"Okay, I'll try" I smiled. I took a deep breath and moved my legs into a lunge pose. I took off at a sprint, feet pounding on the grass. I leapt upwards, simultaneously firing a rocket. I was propelled into the air, much higher than before. I grinned. That was perfect. I noticed Ren soar up next to me, the wind whipping his hair around.

"That was great!" Ren praised me, "let's go!" Together we flew on up over the shopping district. I saw a massive castle come into view. It was truly impressive, it stood towering over all the other buildings. It was a real work of art.

"What's that?" Ren must have noticed it too, "I haven't noticed it before".

"I think Bdubs built it" I racked my brain, trying to remember, "I think Cleo told me she owns it now".

"If Bdubs built it why does Cleo own it?" Ren stared out the castle, visibly confused.

Uh oh.

I wasn't sure how I could answer that. I suddenly realised what the castle was. It was the castle Bdubs had built for Ren when he was king. Whatever I did, I couldn't let Ren go inside.