Feelings

Etho

I tossed and turned in the sheets, letting out a sigh. I glanced down at Bdubs who lay straddled to my chest, snoring softly. Nuzzling into his hair, I closed my eyes. I steadied my breathing, trying to force myself to sleep. My mind was whirling with thoughts. The decisions I had to make, the worries for the future, and my friends. It was all too much.

"Go to sleep..." Bdubs murmured sleepily, "you keep waking me up..."

"Sorry" I whispered guiltily, "just a lot on my mind".

"I know, but sleep is the best cure" Bdubs crawled over so he lay directly on me. The pressure was calming, making me feel instantly better.

"Thanks" I smiled, "goodnight".

"Goodnight".

Within moments Bdubs was snoring again. I closed my eyes, feeling much more peaceful. I quietly slipped into slumber.

"Hello Etho" I jumped back as I opened my eyes to see Tango staring at me, inches from my face, "I was hoping I'd see you tonight".

"Oh hello" I nodded awkwardly, "are you... okay?" Tango cocked his head curiously. His left half completely vantablack, he looked incredibly creepy.

"Interesting, this is a strange emotion I am feeling" Tango turned away, muttering to himself, "warm, yes very warm. What is it?". I watched with a puzzled expression.

"Why are you able to talk properly all of a sudden?" I felt extremely confused.

"No, we are not okay" Tango turned back to me, "to answer your second question, I am not entirely sure".

"Why did you want to talk to me?" I asked.

"Oh yes... I got off track" Tango muttered, "the bodies of those who were taken have escaped. Xisuma will return soon and find out, but they- we have gone already".

"It was expected" I nodded, "you're only half of Tango's mind right?"

"Correct. I am positivity, my other half is negativity" Tango murmured, "the good and the bad. Together we squabble and fight, but apart we are dangerous".

"So the negativity was the one in control of your body?" Tango nodded.

"We teetered very close to insanity" Tango hissed, "only one thing saved us".

"What was that?" I  felt like I was opening a private diary, like I  was intruding on Tango's personal stuff. It felt... wrong, but also interesting in a way I couldn't comprehend.

"You".

"Me?" I blinked in surprise, "how?"

"You cared when others didn't" Tango said simply, "I don't know how to word it, but you made negativity's thoughts quieter, fought back the fury that was rising".

"I-" I wasn't sure how to respond. I was touched that Tango thought of me as such a close friend, someone he could trust easily. It made a bubble of happiness and joy rise in me. I'd helped someone.

"But enough of that" Tango continued, "I don't know what this is, but he told me to ignore it".

"Huh?" I tilted my head.

"Etho I must tell you something" Tango stared at me, flaming red eyes piercing into me, "you are not just a Watcher, you were made an admin as well. And you still are".