Chapter 15

"So I was right the whole time..." A voice mumbled from the shadows. The two other turtles stopped dead in their tracks.

"Who's there?!" Leo yelled out, while Mikey got into a fighting position. "I know you've been lying to me, just like you lied about getting pizza." The voice spoke once again. Mikey knew this person was pissed off but didn't care. Mikey knew he could take whoever the ominous individual was. Then it hit Mikey.

"You've got to be joking... Raph?" Mikey rolled his eyes, yet asked the shadows to confirm his suspicion.

The individual remained silent. Footsteps could be heard emerging from the shadows. "How did you know it was me..?" Raph questioned. A tear of sweat dripped down the side of Mikey's forehead. "You literally said I lied about getting pizza from our conversation not that long ago." He responded. Raph flushed red from embarrassment. "Oh.."

Thankfully Leo cleared his throat, clearing the awkward silence. "Raph what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Just wanted to check on you Leo, couldn't risk this fool losing you, not again." Raph lied.

"Stop lying and cut to the chase." Mikey snapped. "Erm, what?" Raph started to get nervous.

"Just go home Raph, me and Mikey got this." Leo informed with sass. "But Leo!-"

"No Raph! Why don't you ever listen? I- we got this." Leo said. Mikey raised a brow, as he noticed Leo's slip up.

"I'll ask Leon about that later.." Mikey thought.

Fortunately, Raph gave a 'tsk' and left the group of two alone. However, this didn't mean Raph left nor gave up. Raph may have left the group but in reality he only went to stalk the group in the shadows once more.

"Don't say anything confidential, Raph is still here." Mikey whispered, and Leon nodded. The two continued their walk but changed their plans up a bit.

"We have to hurry and get to the Mighty Mutants lair." Mikey whispered once more. Leo looked towards the roof of a building to the right of them and noticed a strange humanoid being.

"Mike, what or who is that?" Leon asked as he pointed towards the beast. Mikey however, was overly excited and ran up to the being.

"Leather-head!!" Mikey cheered, and hugged the giant beast. "Hello Michelangelo." Leatherhead responded, rather calm. "I got your call, and came to look for you, it sounded quite urgent." Leatherhead informed as the two finally released from their hug. "Yes, it is! But we need to go somewhere more...discreet." Mike whispered the last part, to which Leatherhead nodded. The group soon disappeared, along with an uninvited individual.

During the walk Mike couldn't shake the feeling of eyes on him. It felt... strange. It felt as if more than one person was watching him, he knew Raph was following but couldn't make out who the other was. All the sudden Michelangelo stopped, the other two kept walking for a bit longer before realizing and turned back.

"Everything alright Mikey?" Leo asked and walked alongside Leatherhead to meet Mike.
"No, its weird." The other two gave a glance, than returned their gaze on Mikey. "Whats weird Angelo?" Leatherhead questioned. Mikey remained silence for a moment, then got into a stance. Not a regular stance, a fighting stance. Leatherhead and Leo tensed up, they were confused, the two had no clue what Mikey felt or heard that was startling him.

"C'mon Mikey, lets get outta here." Leo ushered. He received no response. Leo gave a look to Leatherhead, signaling 'your his best-friend, make him snap out of it'. But Leatherhead seemed even more confused, not understanding. Leo facepalmed and sighed.

"Guys..." Mikey whispered. The others looked at him. "We gotta go." Mikey whispered once again but with a hint of fear in his voice. "GO, RUN!" Mikey yelled and sprinted the opposite way. The other two immediately followed. "Why are we running!?" Leo screamed out, followed by multiple shurikens, to which he dodged. "What.. the...hell!" Leo yelled, and looked behind himself whilst running. Multiple gang members were sprinting after them. Not any gang member, Azrael's. It was quite uncommon for his group to attack as they haven't numbered in size ever since the Foot Clan wiped them out.

"Dude! Where are we going, they'll just follow us!" Leo announced, gaining the attention from his colleagues. "He's right Angelo! We cannot go back to either of our lairs and we're completely out numbered." Leatherhead spoke. The two made a fair point, even if Mikey had better skills than Azrael, that didn't mean he could defeat an entire army at once, not alone anyways.

"You guys know my secret already, they've already been informed of our situation and our waiting to strike outside the base. We just have to make it there first!" Mikey announced, only loud enough for the group of two to hear. The other two nodded, not giving up. Leo was thankful for his new body, with his, he would've been out of breath by now. Leatherhead on the other hand, was slower than the others and kept falling behind due to his large size.

It all happened so fast. Leatherhead couldn't keep up, no matter how hard he tried. His size was keeping him back. A large gash formed through his thick alligator skin, causing him to roar in pain. Mikey immediately stopped and went back to aid his best-friend. "Leatherhead!" Mikey yelled out, and raced towards him, with Leo following closely behind. 

"You're stupid alligator friend is no match for us." One of the group members laughed, as he placed his foot atop the fallen alligators back. "Get. Your. Foot. Off. Of. Him." Mikey growled. The goon seemed to think about it. "Nah, I think I'll keep it right here." The goon laughed again and stomped his foot into the alligators fresh, open wound, to which he winced in pain. Mikey reacted with anger, and threw a shiriken straight into the goons chest. The goon gasped and looked down at his bloody stomach. Mikey walked up to him, pushed him down, and used the back of his nunchuck to shove the shiriken deeper into his chest, until it was submerged deep. The goon let out a cry of pain. Karma.

"Who's next?" Mikey grinned, holding both his nunchucks in each hand, making them spin. No response. "Leo, help LH in the best way you can, I'll deal with these guys." Mikey commanded, and ran at the gang. A fight between life or death. Soon enough, multiple bodies had fallen, dead. Mikey had a few cuts, but it was worth it. He started to use the blades inside his nunchucks. He swung and swung, impacting everyone in his sight. Some goons fled the scene, afraid of the turtle. "Tch, bunch-a cowards." Mikey mumbled. The scene before him was bloody, a murder scene.

"Hows he doing?" Mikey asked, emerging from the crime scene, as if nothing happened. "He's doing good, I tried to stop the bleeding with my mask, the best I could." Leo apprised. Mikey took a look at his friend, frowning at his state. His cut would definitely need stitches. Time to make another call.

A/N: I'm so sorry for no uploads within, like, a month 😭. Ive just been super busy, if you saw my announcement, then you know why.

Word count: 1235

Date: 05/3/23