Chapter 2

I quickly left Shredders lair and stayed in the shadows, afraid of getting caught by humans. 

Shredders house or lair, was pretty close to a manhole. I lifted the manhole and grabbed onto the ladder below it, before closing the manhole on my way down.

I made my way through the long sewer tunnels, going left and right over and over again. Some tunnels were filled with trash and rats, that smelled horrendous. It smelled like rotten milk and eggs mixed with the deadliest fart in the world.

I finally made it to the outside part of our lair. I stood outside for a good 2 minutes, ready for insults and a punishment for going "missing". Then I finally did it, I opened the door to the lair and everyone's heads turned in my direction. It was like they were waiting for me but in a creepy way, horror movie style.

"Mikey! You're okay! I was so worried about you." Donnie said as he pulled me in for the biggest hug of my life. He was the only one who was ever nice to me, he was the only one I considered my brother. I started crying not of sadnesses but of glee, I was happy someone missed me.

"Here we go again, crying like a big crybaby. Do you need your binky?" Ralph said as he looked up from his comic book. Leo and Ralph started laughing.

"Hey! Leave him alone, he's been missing for goodness sake!" Donnie shouted at them.
The three began arguing, soon it turned to shouting.

"YA ME!" Splinter said as he came out from the shadows. Everyone was completely silent.

"Michelangelo, where is it you've been?" Splinter asked carefree.

"I was-" I was going to speak before Leo interrupted me.

"Sensei, why does it matter anyways? Nobody missed him". Leo asked as he rolled his eyes.

"Not now Leonardo, continue Michelangelo".

"Yes sensei, I was saying I .. I went above surface.. and was-" I was once again cut off, they never give me a chance to explain myself.

Splinter had a shocked look on his face that turned to disappointment and anger real quick.
"You went above surface?! I've told you all countless times not to do that, and you disobeyed me, I am very disappointed".

"Sensei please Listen!" I begged him but he just walked away, I was mad I couldn't do this anymore. No. Get yourself together Mikey! You're a spy now, I have to do my job.

I gathered my emotions together, wiped my tears and walked to my room. On my way I could hear Leo and Ralph making fun of me, though I didn't care.

"Mikey are you okay? Do you want to explain to me what happen above surface, since nobody will listen?" Donnie asked as he walked me to his lab and gave me a juice box.

"Thanks for the juice box D, and I'm fine really. I trust you, you're always there for me." I smiled at him and he smiled back with tears.

"I'm so glad you're alive and in one piece, I've been searching for you everywhere I could. I tried hacking downtowns cameras, in case I saw you, but you just disappeared! I thought I lost you." Donnie said and hugged me once more.

"I'm sorry I made you worry, I tried to run away.. I couldn't do this anymore, but I ran into the wrong person. He was a big, mean man, and he kidnapped me for that whole week. He tried to kill me! Luckily I somehow managed to escape, he had a daughter who let me go and she told me to run as far as I could. I knew I had to get home, or I may have died on the streets if he found me." I finished my fake story in fake tears, I only made it worse for Donnie but he couldn't know what really happen, he'd tell on me and I'd be kicked out, failing my mission.

Donnie was shocked by the story, I could see it all over his face. He was crying, he felt pity for something that never even happen. I felt bad for lying to him, but I had to, he would understand if he were in my place.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't help you Mikey! I am so glad you have no scratches or scars from that experience. I'm sorry you even had to go through that, I'm a terrible brother." Donnie was a mess, his face was covered in tears and his voice was chocked up every-time he spoke.

"Don't say that Donnie, you know you're much better than Splinter, Leo and Raph! It's not your fault, it was my decision and I faced the consequences, I should've listened to Sensei." I could care less about what Splinter says but I had to go with the flow.

"Heh, I guess you're right, about the better brother part. At least you're okay, how about we go get some dinner?" Donnie asked as he wiped his tears from his face, feeling much better.

"Sure." I smiled at the change of topic, plus I was pretty hungry.

————————-

After dinner I went back to my room and looked at the black clock on my nightstand. 9:37 Pm. I sighed, I couldn't sneak out yet, Leo was watching his stupid Space hero's show in the living room. I guess I should tell Shredder I need some sneaking out techniques.

I was still waiting and waiting, I was just reading a comic book, taking a quick few glances at the clock. 9:50 Pm, finally. I opened my door quietly and looked at the living room. There was a loud snoring sound, I knew Leo had fallen asleep. I went back into my room and made a fake dummy under my bedsheets, then made my way out the lair.

I made my way up and out the sewers without a problem. I made my way to one of the tallest buildings, Shedders building.

I stood in-front of the big glass doors and pushed them open. I never realized how the floor had water underneath it. I went behind the big black chair at the end of the water. Shedder has told me to, as there was a secret passageway behind it. The passageway lead to the house and dojo.

I pressed the head rest and it acted as a button and revealed the long narrow tunnel, leading to the house. I made my way inside it and walked to the end.

I texted Shredder to let him know I was almost to the end of the tunnel. Just in case he thought I broke in.

I opened the door at the end of the passageway, it lead to the living room walk-in. I saw karai sitting on the coach watching a movie.

"Hey Karai! Whatcha watching?" I asked as I saw the colorful scenes of pictures.

"Oh, hey Mikey! I'm watching Jurassic Park II. Wanna join me?" Karai asked eyes focused on the tv, which showed a dinosaur running at a human.

"Uh I'm going to ask Shredder for some training help, if you're still watching when I'm done I'll join you." I sheepishly replied, I felt kinda bad for turning Karai down.

"Oh I see! Don't overwork yourself , I'll be watching tv for a while so don't worry about it." Karai said with a smile.

"Thanks Karai." I smiled back and walked away to find shredder.

A/N
7/21/22. Word count 1264