Chapter 4

Over the last few years, I had become very skilled I'd say. I'm stronger than my brothers combined, sure they don't know it but I can't allow them to. Shredder has become a ... father figure to me, it sounds embarrassing. Splinter hasn't done anything and that's the problem. He's not mean to me for no reason which is good, but he doesn't care that I'm getting beat up everyday or called names by my brothers. He just watches, and it makes me hate him. My "brothers" have been the same, it's always my fault or I always mess everything up and nobody wants to be paired with me.

Shredder already knows where the lair is too, I had to tell him. He wasn't going to invade or attack until his men grew. Now that's where I am now. Shredder sent me to find him an army of powerful men. The foot clan have been with us for years, longer than me, yet they aren't strong enough. Shredder is making me train them for the time being.

Though I currently have my eyes set on this woman. Not in a loving way ... maybe a little bit. I'm only watching her because she's a scientist and the building she went in, is filled with dangerous chemicals and loads of mutagen. I've been watching her for a couple days now and she seems to be the top scientist, I'm not sure what her name is but that isn't important. The scientists there have been doing experiments on lab animals. It makes me sick, I'm who I am because of people like them.

They brought in this tiny lizard today. It was green and black, with the cutest red eyes. I knew it would go badly, experiments always do. I climbed down from the roof building I was in. I was going to get a closer look. I climbed up the building and through the open window. It reminded me of Shredder's window in front of his chair, just above the entrance.

Once inside and at a good angle, I noticed how dangerously close the lizard was to a can of mutagen. Then things went down hill. The lady bumped into the table with the lizard and mutagen on it. The mutagen was open, and poured onto the lizard. The lady let out a horrific yell of panic, she had gotten mutagen on herself too. I couldn't see much after that, as her coworkers were surrounding the woman.

Then I saw it.

They had become one with each other.

The woman or Lizard had freaked out and ran out of the building. I, of course, had to follow her, she could be a great asset to Shredder. She had caught on and knew she was being followed. She could sure run on her four new legs for a long time, I was starting to get tired, as I had been chasing her for a good 15 minutes, surprisingly. I jumped to the next building, only to be stopped by my brothers? I had totally forgotten they said they'd be patrolling tonight.

Sensei was finally understandable for once and had decided to grant us permission above the surface, which my "brothers" were happy and excited for as it was their first time. That was when we all fifteen and older, me being the youngest, Leo and Donnie being the oldest, 17, and Raph being just about 16 and a half.

"Hey! Who are you?" Leo had yelled at me, and that's how the chase began. I was so glad I was wearing my black mask, and left my nun-chucks at home. I kept running from roof to roof, getting more and more tired.

"Hey Karai! I'm going to need some backup, I found a great asset to the team, the problem is I may lose her and I have the turtles on my back." I yell-talked into my earpiece that Shredder had given me.

"I'll send some foot soldiers for the asset and you, where is the asset at, right now?" I took a look around me and saw a sign for Main St.

"She just took a right into Main St. She is pretty fast and huge, you can't miss her." I yelled into coms.

"Hey! Stop running, you're only making it harder for yourself." The turtles were still after me, I definitely can't shake them off.

"Listen, I have things to do, and you certainly aren't helping, I could run for hours on end!" I yelled and kept running, following the asset.