Ice Queen

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Aaliyah.

*Aaliyah's POV*

{Opening song}

*Briggs Fortress/Medical Room*

So after all of that chaos of getting here, we sat in the Doctor's office with warm yet damp towels on ourautomail. "Exposure?" Ed asked now confused about what the Doc told him. To be honest I don't understand how I forgot about how dangerous it was to have automail in cold weather like snow.

"Yes, that's right. You two got lucky, you're close to getting frostbite." The doctor sighed pointing at Ed and me. "We need to be careful to be walking around in a snowstorm. The flesh that's touching your automail will freeze, and you need to oil it or it will stiffen."

"So that guy, Buccaneer, he has a different automail?" I questioned. Then right on cue, he walked in saying. "It's no use Doc! I can't get this thing unstuck!" Buccaneer then lifted his automail which had Al's helmet stuck in the chainsaw automail.

"Hey! My head!" Al shouted.

~*<3*~

*No POV*

"Up here, your automail must be flexible and lightweight. It should also be resistant to the cold." Doc statedas a man worked on Buccaneer's arm to unstick Al's head. "After some trial and error, we found an alloy that works. A combination of duralumin, carbon fiber, nickel, copper and so on." "And here I assumed it was just iron..." Ed muttered. "No wonder we couldn't do anything." Aaliyah stated as the curtain was pulled back. "Hey Doc, be careful. Do you plan to tell them all our secrets?" Buccaneer stated. "Why wouldn't I? They are State Alchemist. They do have a right to know, right?"

"You're kidding." Ed and Ally flashed their watches as Doc said, "They have the pocket watches." 'You mean these kids are equivalent to that of a Major?' Buccaneer thought as Ed gained a weird grin on his face. "If you're going to be in the North for long, you should switchto a different kind of auto-mail. Do you have a mechanic?" Doc asked as she poured two cups of coffee. "Yeah but she's in Rush Valley." Ed stated as Ally and he placed their coats back on. "And she let you come here without explaining all that?"

*Aaliyah's POV*

"Not exactly...we kind of didn't tell her we were coming." I stated rubbing the back of her head. Doc handed them the two cups as she continued, "I recommend you send for her, assumingyou two would like to stay alive." "Fine..." Ed and I muttered as they drank some of the coffee.

"That would be 100 Cens each." The Doctor added extending her hand for the money. Ed spit out his coffee while I stopped and stared at her.

We both dug into our pockets and pulled out 100 cens. The doctor toke both of our money while we lookedback to the cup of coffee. "Are you kidding?" I asked in a tone of disbelief. "It wasn't even a good cup of coffee..." Ed whimpered in the same tone as me. "This is the North. Get used to it." The Doctor stated.

"So, you come up here with mediocre auto-mail, completely ignorant about the North and you try to bypass the Command Center..."Buccaneer stated. "Oh come on! We hike up here, State alchemists with an official letter of introduction andthis is how we're treated?! What's wrong with you people?! Do you have no sense of propriety?! That Generaltried to tear our arms off!" the door opened as Olivier said, "Hello little red runt."

"Little red..." Ed sadly muttered as she continued, "If you have a problem, then now's the time to speak up." "Ah! My hair..." Al cried as he got his helmet back." He looked in the mirror at the now shortened strand as he muttered, "It looks awful..."