Family Portrait

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Aaliyah.

No POV

"Dominus, Houswell, Anmire, Gianni, Collins, Tony, Willard, Ripley, Nectile, Meo...forgive me." Hohenheim spoke as he undid his tie and buttons. He opened his shirt as he spoke, "...I have to use you." He then dug his hands into his chest, soon removing them as his blood fell to the ground, only to be soaked up.

-Family Portrait-

Hohenheim looked down at the two boys, who were asleep. He had reached out his hand, only to freeze. "You can touch them you know. They are your sons." A voice spoke. "I don't want the monster to spread..." he muttered. "Please, if it could spread, don't you think I would have caught it a long time ago?" Trisha asked. Hohenheim stood up as they two walked out of the room.

"Ever since I've been given this body, I've seen death as part of the world's flow...it made it easier, somehow. Each time I encountered something new and wondrous, it seemed right that I accepted this body and kept on living; for a long time that was enough. But then...I met you and together we created two sons...now it's different." Hohenheim stated as he looked out the window to the garden. "...I don't get any older and yet, my sons grow and age before my eyes...and suddenly, I'm terrified." He then looked to his hand as he continued, "I'm now realizing that I am a monster." Trisha gave him a worried gaze.

*Next Day*

"Dear? Dear, come here." Trisha called. Hohenheim left his study asking, "What is it...huh?" he spotted a man nearby with a camera.  "Hello sir, good afternoon." "A photographer?" "Yes," Trisha stepped up to Hohenheim, fixing his clothes as she said, "Let's fix you up." Hohenheim noticed that she was dressed up. "You know, we don't have a single family picture." She stated bringing him from his thoughts. "Pretty short notice, huh?" Hohenheim then felt a tug and looked to see Edward pulled his father's pants. Aaliyah pull Trisha's dress. Alphonse crawled over. He looked down at them and they smile at him.

"Hold Edward and Aaliyah," Trisha said. Van holds them. And Trisha holds Alphonse. "Ok say, cheese everyone." The photographer spoke as he took the picture. In the picture, it was everyone smiling except for Van who had tears on his face.

~Time Skip~

My plan was to take this body and extend my life...but things changed. I want to be with Trisha and the boys...to grow old and die with them.

Hohenheim finished his research as he noticed something on the map, 'That bastard...!' Hohenheim sat atop of the tree, making sure the rope was tight. "There, that should do it." He went to wipe his forehead, only to fall out the tree. He hit the ground with a thud. "What're you doing?" Trisha asked, looking at her husband, who sat in pain on the ground. "Fixing the swing..." Trisha chuckled asshe stepped toward him saying, "When did you get so handy?" "I haven't been able to do much for the boys and Aaliyah...but I can at least do this." Trisha's eyes widened a little. Hohenheim looked up as he said, "Trisha, I'm going away. Wait here for me." "...Okay." She smiled.

"Don't tell the children, I don't want them to know about my body." Hohenheim spoke as Trisha helped place his jacket on. "Right...sure you don't want me to wake them?" she asked. He opened the door,leading to the hallway and said, "No...I couldn't bear to look at their faces." Trisha followed closely behind with his suitcase saying, "Silly man, its okay to cry." They walked to the front door, Trisha handing him the suitcase as Hohenheim gasped. Trisha turned only to find the boys and Aaliyah standing there,wiping their eyes tiredly. "Oh, you guys are up early. What are you three doing out of bed?" Trisha asks walking up to the three kids. "Al said he had to go potty after that we wake up Aaliyah so we can play with her," Ed responded.