The Northern Wall of Briggs

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Aaliyah.

*No POV*

{Opening song}

*Mountains*

"If he was going to jump off, it'd be here." Kimblee stated as they had stopped the train, scouting out the area."The train's engine would decrease here. All we need to know now is which way he headed..." Kimblee looked down at the map as he asked, "Any Scar sightings to report?" "No sir, nothing definite." "That's odd...up untilnow he's been deliberately conspicuous..." "I have a report, sir! There was a small boat that was stolen 200 miles south of here." A soldier stated, saluting. "Was it Scar?" another soldier asked. "There weren't any eyewitnesses to confirm." "Look into it." "Reporting sir!"

"We've talked to an old man that lives nearby about apair of suspicious men heading west." "Hm...could be our targets. Take a search party and investigate." "Sir!"Kimblee continued to think as he looked down at the map. "Is there something wrong?"

"I'm not sure yet...on the map, it looks like there's a road here that leads north. There, what is that?" Kimblee asked. "It's an oldlogging road that passed north through the mountains. There were too many rock slides so they closed it down. Why do you ask?" Kimblee stayed silent as he moved his gaze from the map to the mountains.

~*<3*~

Kimblee and his men walked down the forest path as they came upon a path filled with rocks. "There are acouple of more areas likes this from rock slides." Kimblee heard the sound of running water and walked up tothe pile to study it closely. "The water's flow here has been altered..." "Yes sir, does that mean something?"The soldier next to him asked.

He kneeled down and picked up a rock and after examining it, he smirked. He then stood and said, "For an alchemist good with destruction, clearing this would be a simple task."

"Sir?" Kimblee turned around and continued, "It would also be just as easy for him to destroy the side of a mountain to re-block this road again. Have a look," Kimblee showed the man the rock as the soldier said, "It's been transmuted..." "Send the soldiers north!" Kimblee commanded.

-The Northern Wall of Briggs-

*North*

Aaliyah's POV

Ed, Al and I handed the man their tickets and raced to the outside of the train station. "Look there's snow!" Ed shouted happily as they all stopped and looked to it with awe. They walked down the steps, Ed falling down the last few.

"Ed!" I reached the bottom and went to Ed, who was rubbing his bottom.They soon reached a bench where Al said, "Ed, you're so uncoordinated."

"Shut up! It was just a little slip....geez." I chuckled as I looked out to the snow with a smile and asked, "Isn't this snow amazing?" "Yeah, you don't get much snow back home, that's for sure." Ed stated as he suddenly remembered something. "Oh yeah! Do you guys remember that really heavy snow we had when we were little?" "Maybe..." Al thought for a moment before saying, "Oh yeah! I remember! We had a snow ball fight."

"And we made as now man." Ed stated as I muttered, "That must have been something...." The two looked to her with sadden looks as Al said, "That's right...that was back when your Mom was around..." I nodded as Ed placed an arm around me, giving me a faint smile. "Back then, we never imagined we'd come this far. It seemed impossible." Al stated as Ed said, "Yeah...but here we are now."

~*<3*~

No POV

"So, what do we do now?" Ed asked as the three stood in the street. "We still have a little time before our train to Briggs takes off." "Maybe Ally and you should look for a place to eat?" Al suggested as Ed said, "Eh...I'm not that hungry. How about you Ally?" When he got no answer he asked again, "Ally?" he went to turn, only to have something white hit his face. With that, Ed fell to the ground with a thud.