Rain of Sorrows

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Aaliyah.

Aaliyah's POV:

Ed quickly awoke, his breathing rapid. "Edward, are you alright?" I asked. Ed turned to me. "It was just a nightmare." Ed told me. Then he hugged me tightly. I kissed him on the cheek.

~Central Command~

The four headed off to Central Headquarters as they walked up to Mustang's office. Ed was about to reveal L.T. Hawkeye. "Huh? What's the matter you four? You're up awfully early..." she said. "We...needed to know..." I started. "What's to know what happens to Tucker?" Ed asked. A look of shock showed on her face and she looked down. "Mr. Tucker was scheduled to be stripped of his certification and stand trial for what he did to Nina but... he died." she said. "Dead?!" Al shouted shocked. Ed's mouth opened but he couldn't form words. I froze my eyes wide. "He was murdered." L.T. Hawkeye said. "He...how?" I asked as she walked off. "By who?!" Ed exclaimed. "We don't know...I was just heading over to the scene now." L.T. Hawkeye said.

"We're coming with you." Al said as Riza told them, "No." "Why not?!" Ed shouted as she stopped and turned to them saying, "You don't need to see this."

~?/Somewhere in East City~

We sat on a pillar, the four of us. I lean against Ed, sadness still burning through my body. "I've been thinking about this for a long time...we put all of our trust in alchemy but in the end, we lose it. Alchemy is the science of understanding the flow of matter and its laws. Everything circulates...even death is part of that circulation and we must accept the flow. Hmph, the teacher sure drove that into our heads, didn't she? I thought I understood it but...I didn't. I'm just an idiot...all this time and I haven't grown up one bit. I thought maybe the rain would wash away some of this gloom but all it's doing is making me more depressed." Ed said. "...I don't even get that much. Without a body, I can't feel the rain hit my face; that's something I miss, all the time. I want to be human again, even if it means going against the flow of the world and trying to do the impossible..." Al said.

"You two...are you the Fullmetal and Cured alchemists Edward Elric and (Y/n) (L/n)?" Ed and I looked up to see a man wearing glasses with snow-white hair and a scar on his head. As Ed and I looked up at him. The scarred man pulled his hand back and released a blue light. "(Y/n), Brother!" Al called at them and pulled us out of way. A shock disappeared as Ed quickly made a wall to try and block the guy. "What the hell is going on?!" Ed shouted as his wall was blown. The man walked towards them as Ed grabbed my hand. "Let's get out here!" Ed said.

We were running down some stairs but we were stopped when the man appeared at the top saying, "No you don't.." He destroyed the stairs, causing them to fall. Al held on to the edge as he grabbed Percy's hand, Percy grabbed my hand and I grabbed Ed's leg. The guy soon destroyed the rest of the stairs, causing us to fall to the ground, thankfully on our feet. "Damn it! What's this guy's problem?!" Ed yelled. "There's no reason for him to want to kill us, right?" I asked.

We ran down an alleyway only to get the exit blocked by the man. "Who are you anyway?!" Ed yelled to the man. "Why are you after us?!" I shouted. "As long as there are creators like you in the world, there must also be destroyers." He replied. "Well, it looks like we are going to have to fight." Ed clapped his hand together, transmuting a pole into a sword as Al and I get into fighting stances.

"Gusty one aren't you?" He asked with a grin as Ed led the charge. "Too slow..." The man muttered as he used alchemy to destroy half of Al's armor. "Al!" We all shouted as Ed got angry. "You bastard!" Ed charged at him again, only to get his automail arm grabbed. The man used alchemy, only to have it fail and cause Ed to fly out of the alley.