Beasts of Dublith

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Aaliyah.

"To think...you saw it and manage to survive; I doubt ever know impressive that is." Izumi said to him. "I-No," Ed said softly. Regardless! I can't accept the decision you've made." she turned and looked at them seriously. "You're expelled." the three gasped, but Izumi's glare did not falter. "But, Teacher-" Al started but was cut off by Ed. "...Al" " The trains are still running... get on one." Ed's lip quivered and he bowed. "Thank you for everything."

{Opening Song}

Chapter 13: Beasts of Dublith

A night filled the town as streetlamps lit up.

"Feel free to drop by when you're ever in town," Sig told the four as they were at the Train Station. "I'm not sure about that." Aaliyah trailed off as Sig said, "You idiots! You're so busy pouting you can see what your expulsion means!" Aaliyah stared at him blankly then Aliyah hit her head saying, "...I get it... you're saying that since you're not her students anymore, we can talk as equals." "Exactly... unless you're too chicken to try it..." Sig grinned. " Damn it Al, Aaliyah.. we haven't done what we came here to do in the first place." "Thank you Sig.. we're heading there right now." Aaliyah stated as they all ran off. "Don't let her kill you." Sig warned.

*Izumi's Place*

Izumi sharpened a steak knife on a small piece of metal. "Teacher!" Aaliyah and Ed stated as they walked into the kitchen, only to have a knife thrown between their heads into the wall. "Ah?!" they held onto each other as Izumi shouted, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING COMING BACK HERE?! AND YOU CALLED ME TEACHER! I DON'T TEACH SCAMS LIKE YOU! GET OUT OF MY HOME!" Ed, Aaliyah, and Al all plot the ground as Ed said, "Teacher." "We came to you to find a way to get our bodies back," Al stated as Aaliyah finished, "We will leave without your help!" "Get out now!" "We're staying!" they each said in unison.

There was a pause of silence as Izumi and the Trio glared at one another. "...You idiots..." "Al, you didn't see the truth did you?" "No...I don't know what means." "You must have lost your memories from the shock. We need to get Al's memory back; his entire body was taken from him... just think he must have seen." "Oh yeah... we only exchange parts of our bodies for what we saw, Al paid the toll with his entire physical being." Ed stated. "He must've seen more of the truth than either of us did." Aaliyah trailed off as she looked at Al. "So, if Al can remember what he saw, then we'll get our bodies back?" Aaliyah asked.

"...but...the memory of that thing..." Izumi trailed off. "That thing," Ed echoed. "What? Is it something bad!" Al asked worriedly. "No, it's more like, awful!" Izumi said, wiggling her arms like tentacles. "Yeah," Ed said, flailing his arms around like Izumi, "And horrifying!" "It could drive you insane!" "Or even leave you brain-dead!" "Or maybe go Crazy!" "Guys, stop you're scarring him..." Aaliyah sweat-dropped at them. "That doesn't matter! If there's a chance that can help us, then I wanna do it!" Izumi put a hand on her chin and thought for a moment. "...Alright. I have an acquaintance that might know a way to retrieve your memory for you." The four got excited as Izumi said, "But let's eat dinner first. Give me a hand." "Okay!?"

"The rumors are true." a lizard-like man said, "he's able to transmute human souls." He began climbing higher and higher up the brick-walled building.

*East City, Eastern Command Center*

"There's only one week left until the big transfer, huh?" Grumman stated as Roy and he played chess. "Yes, sir," Mustang said, sitting across the small wooden table. "Just won't be the same without you, you brought a little color to this dreary desert." "heh heh... I'm boring compared to some of the stories I've heard about you," he said, moving one of his pieces. They sat there in silence for a few moments, each taking their turn to win the game against the other. "Well, all of your hard work has made my life easier. I finally got to relax." he moved.