SEVENTY THREE

He frowned. "Seriously? You tasered me, you stabbed Namjoon, and all you can do now is stare at me? This isn't you, Y/N. In fact, this surpassed creepy after the first week. I get you're sad, but Taehyung is going through hell for you. He is not stopping until he kills them all. I know the ruthless woman we all love and fear is still inside there, so can you please come out here and kick my ass or at least shoot Taehyung again?"

I just ate. It was the only thing I could bring myself to do.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I made it to our bed just as Jin was walking out. He looked at me and frowned before leaving.

"We have to go to church, love," I said to her as I entered.

At least she's eating.

She didn't respond. She never responded, and it was starting to send me off the deep end. But I couldn't lose my temper.

"We've already missed three masses. A forth one and people might think I killed you." I smiled.

Grabbing the remote, she flipped the television on and sure enough, she went to Sunday morning mass. It was kind of funny and cute. Shaking my head at her, I took off my shoes and jacket before jumping onto the bed. She handed me the bottle of wine, but still didn't speak. Kissing her hand, I took it and drank.

"Do you have bread?" I asked, and there it was, a small smirk. It made my heart leap for joy, it brought water to my eyes, and it was my own personal Sunday miracle.

She didn't say anything, but a smirk was enough to get me through the rest of the day.

Y/N'S POV

DAY 25

"I don't know what to say to you," Minho said.

I mentally groaned. How about nothing at all?

"So I will make this short."

Thank Jesus.

"Kim/Min Y/N, get your fucking ass out of bed. This has gone long enough," he snapped at me.

Raising an eyebrow at him, I flipped on the television as Evelyn laughed.

"I told you it wouldn't work."

"Had to try, but apparently my daughter doesn't like to listen to me," he said kissing my head, before leaving Evelyn and me alone.

She sat on the bedside me. "I understand. They don't get it. How it feels to have a child living within you one moment and then taken from you the next. I understand not being able to move, speak, or even breathe because of the hole burning inside your heart. No else gets it. But I do, so stay in bed as long as you need, Y/N. Grieve, and when you're ready, you will get up again."

I watched her as she got up before turning to leave. She was the only one who understood. Wiping the water that poured from my eyes, I held on to myself.

Go to sleep, Y/N. Just sleep. I would get up in the morning, but now I just needed to sleep.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"And just like that, the rat is back," I hissed at the man before me.

His nose was busted, eyes bruised, teeth were knocked out, and any exposed part of his skin was either burnt or cut. Patrick looked like he had been to hell and back.

"Sir," he said quickly, fighting against his chains. "I did this for you, to help you"

"You betrayed me to help me?" I said, slowly turning back to the rest of our men. So many of them wanted to watch this that we had to go outside.

"Sir, I swear, I never betrayed you. I've known you since college. We've been—"

"Get to the part where you stabbed me in the back," I said, pouring the gasoline over his head. "Remember the part where you left my wife bleeding-out on the ground as you escaped with the Russian slut."

"Sir—"

"Don't waste words. I can only hold this match for so long," I said, lifting the small flame in my grasp.

"Taehyung, I knew they were planning something. The only way to find out was to make them think I'd jumped ship. I had no idea what Saige had in store for your wife. I just knew the Songs had to come to an end. The information I've gathered can help you bring them down. They aren't in Finland anymore. They went to Tanzania. It was the only place they thought you couldn't reach. You have people in all of Europe, but not in Africa. I'm telling you, I wasn't betraying you." He cried out in panic.

Shaking my head, I let the flame drop but sadly it was already out.

"So you became a spy without my knowledge?" I laughed. "You're lying—"

"No—"

Punching him in his broken nose, I held his face. "Never interrupt me, or have you forgotten your manners while with the dogs?" I squeezed his face. "You're lying to me, Patrick. You should know better than that. You betrayed me before, and now that the walls are closing in on Jihun, you're trying to save yourself. You're a rat through and through. I think my wife gave a good definition of that word before."

"Taehyung—"

"Don't speak my name," I said, taking a step back. "I don't care why you betrayed me. The simple fact is that you did, and by definition, that means you are against me."

Striking the match, I didn't even hesitate as I threw it into the trail of gas. It took only a second before his whole body was up in flames. He screamed and flailed violently, while the men just cheered and sang into the night. Turning away, I just happened to look up to find my wife staring down at the burning man.

When our eyes finally met, I saw . . . I saw my lioness stirring.

Y/N'S POV

DAY 26

Drinking, I waited for them to come aboard. If Ari had done her job, they should have known where I was.

"It's nice to see you, ma'am," Jinx said, giving me a brand new bottle of wine.

I nodded but did not speak. I didn't want my first words to be to him. A second later, Jungwoo opened the door to the jet, allowing Taehyung to come through, dressed for war. He looked me over quickly. His eyes shined like diamonds in the sun and grin spread across his face. He looked like he was trying to contain himself.

"What the fuck are you looking at? We're heading to the jungle and plan on people hunting with guns not arrows," I said with no real edge in my voice at all.

"You could kill them with your shoes if you want, I'm happy you're here," he said sitting in front of me. He squeezed my hand. "Real happy."

"Speaking of killing, Jin told me something very interesting." I grinned as I sipped. His eyes went wide before he turned to Jin, who froze like he had forgotten his confession. I missed my old self. I hated that bed and I didn't want to think about it. I needed to be me.

"I can explain—"

"Don't bother. I've thought about it, and I've partially forgiven you." I understood what he did, but that didn't mean I liked being manipulated.

"Partially?" Taehyung asked with a smile.

He couldn't stop smiling at me, and it was pissing me the fuck off. Yeah, I was talking. He needed to stop looking at me as if he wanted to fuck me over the table.

Part of me knew I was just being this way because I wasn't sure how to explain my feelings. I understood how he felt because I felt it too. I wasn't part of the living dead anymore.

"I'm Kim-Min Y/N, which means I have to seek vengeance, even with you, husband."