TWENTY SIX

Y/N'S POV

When we got to the reception, which was being held outside at Kim Manor, there were more photographers, who Evelyn allowed to take photos from a distance. My face felt as though it would break from all the forced smiling.

"Call them off, or I'm calling snipers," I said to Taehyung.

He leaned down to kiss my cheek. "I would, gladly, but my mother and father want good press."

I glared at him, pinching his arm until he pulled me away from the cameras and headed toward the sea of guests. There were more damn photos and fake congratulations there, until I saw Jihun and Jaemin making their way through all the drinking and celebrating in the courtyard. Our guests danced underneath the steams of lights, blissfully unaware that two of the most deadly men in the country were about to collide with another deadly pair.

Both Jihun and Jaemin were as slick as eels with their dark eyes and oily skin. Jaemin stood at the same stunted height as his father, even though Jihun was rather stout and Jaemin was sickly thin. They shared many of the same traits—black hair, though Jihun's was graying, a strong chin, and small ears.

"Remember, the Songs do not know I took over for my father," I whispered, making sure it seemed as though I was nothing more than an excited bride. Behind Taehyung, I saw Jin and Namjoon step closer to us. Suho and Jimin were near the entrance focused on me. With a glance, Jimin let me know Jongsuk and three other snipers were in the windows of the manor, waiting.

"Oh, and you should know, Jihun tried to arrange a marriage with Jaemin and me, years ago." His eyes widened before narrowing into dangerous slits of brown.

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim!" Jihun said as he reached us. "Congratulations. I must say this was a huge surprise. Y/N what a fine young woman you have become, hasn't she Jaemin?"

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I asked innocently, squeezing Taehyung's hand. He needed to step up and be calm. Jaemin looked at me with pure lust, however, making me want to cut his eyes out, and doing nothing to help Taehyung calm down.

He sneered, shaking Jihun's hand, which had been extended for me. "This is Song Jihun, love. The owner of the company that keeps stealing many of our products."

Jihun glared dangerously, as did Jaemin before he smiled at me. "I do not wish to bore your beautiful little head with such youthful fiction. Your father and I were quite close. I was hoping to speak with him, however, he seems to be absent from this joyful occasion."

I tried not gag. "Taehyung and I wanted to get married. My father spoke of some new huge business venture in Austria that he needed to get a jumpstart on. I will let him know you spoke of him."

Jaemin's eyes widened before he grinned and reached out for my hand, but Taehyung took it instead. "I'm sorry gentlemen, but my wife and I must be making the rounds. Please enjoy yourselves."

"Yes, please do," I added, smiling as though I was naïve to the tension between them. "Evelyn has worked so hard on this day. We are lucky to afford such a lifestyle. One day you could be sitting on the top of the world, then the next it could be sitting on you, my father says."

"Your father has always been wise." Jaemin winked at me before glaring at Taehyung. "But we are all human and make mistakes."