TWO

"Other than that, she's a fucking ghost. No photos. No fingerprints. Just fucking breadcrumbs up and down the west coast, while her father killed every rival family within a hundred-mile ratio, before taking over their streets." By the time we figured out it was them, the west coast was completely cut off to us. None of our production could get in or out without being busted—the son of a bitch—and now they were working their way south, taking over the Korean cartels.

Mins always had to spread their shit and put their name on everything.

"The first and last time I met Y/N, she was skeet shooting while her father and I discussed the possibility of this contract in his office. Not once did that dark little head of hers miss, and she was nine." My father said.

"Am I supposed to be impressed? Nervous? Elated? Thank God, she knows how to shoot skeet. She's still a woman like any other."

He didn't speak but walked across the room just as three noisy women began to pound against the door.

"Taehyung, hurry up. You have to meet Mr. Min in an hour!" my cousin's wife yelled from the other side of the door.

There had to be a limit to the boundaries an in-law could cross. If Namjoon didn't care about her so much and she wasn't family, I would be tempted to hurt her.

"Handle your woman," I told him.

Neither of them made any sense to me. Namjoon was quiet, calm, and tall as pole, while Eunha was loud, outgoing, and well . . .gorgeously tiny. My father was pissed she wasn't a native Korean for about ten seconds before he realized he had no room to talk, seeing as how my mother was a half caste.

"Taehyung, stop wanking off," Jisoo, Jin's ever-so-bold wife said. All three were now infesting my room.

"None of you were invited inside—"

Jisoo laughed. "We saw your harlot run out of here like a bat out of hell, so we figured you were getting ready."

Stepping out, Jin and Namjoon grinned like mad fools at their wives.

"If you care about their lives, you will get them away from me fast," I said through my teeth.

"Are you threatening my daughters?" my mother asked.

"Yes, as always," Eunha said, laughing, before giving her a hug. Of course, my mother returned it, the traitor.

"For the love of God. Get out!" I was going to kill them all.

"Don't raise your voice at me, young man." My mother's hazel eyes narrowed, causing Jin to laugh outright.

"Tell him, Mom," he said.

I pleaded with her.

"Those damn eyes of yours," she mumbled, and I knew I had won.

Thank fucking Jesus.

"I think we have had our fill for now. Let's let the boy get dressed in peace," she said, and I would have taken offense to the "boy" comment, but I just needed them to leave without resorting to deadly force.

"Let us know if you need help getting dressed, sweetheart," she added as they exited.

Where the fuck was I going, prom?

"I am a grown man, Mother."

Her hazel eyes narrowed. "Real grown men don't use hookers."

At that, everyone laughed before closing the door, but I could still hear them. This was another reason I needed to get married. You weren't a "real" Kim man until you had wife. Without one, no matter what I did, I would never gain the respect that was owed to me.

I would take this Min Y/N and form a woman fit to rule at my side. With her family's power added to my own, I would own it all before I was thirty. The thought of that, and what else the future held, got my cock up. Only a small part of me cared if she was attractive or not. Her last name and her loyalty would get me off just fine. Thankfully, from what I was told, she already knew what her family did. I didn't have time to train her on what to expect or why my clothes may be a little bloody sometimes.

I straightened my tie before reaching for my gun and placing my brass knuckles in my pocket. Opening the door, my father stood waiting—correction, hovering. He looked me up and down before nodding in approval.

Rule Three: Just because you sell drugs for a living isn't an excuse not to dress well.

"Here are the Mins' updated finance and business records," he said before handing me a thick folder as we walked.

Him and his damn folders.

"How did we get these?" I said without thinking, and then answered knowingly. "Namjoon is getting better."

"He broke through the firewall this morning . . . while you were inside Ms. Kang." He glared at me.

"I ended it," I said once we reached the awaiting cars.

My mother smiled, kissing us both on the cheek.

"Hopefully, or I will have to get involved." He kissed my mother back. "Goodbye dear, we will be back in the morning."

"I know the drill. Let me know when you've met her," she said once Jin and Namjoon entered their own car. We never used one vehicle. My father and I rode separately while Namjoon and Jin rode together.

Entering my black Aston Martin, I skimmed through the files, knowing that the moment we started to move he would call. When my phone went off, the driver simply connected it to the car Bluetooth.

"Finished?" my father asked me.

I smirk. "The bastard almost tripled his profits in less than a fucking year."

"He's also somehow gotten his drugs into Song territories—Greece, Russia, and the damn Philippines. He has networks going through most of Eastern Europe, the little fucker," Namjoon stated through the radio. Apparently we were on a conference call.

We had tried to put our drugs in that side of the world for the last four years, but the Songs guarded it tighter than a father on spring break. There were three families stronger than all the rest. The Kim, the Min, and the fucking Song. The Song were nothing but snakes—no, worms crawling in the dirt eating their own shit. Most of them were Korean , some German, all thieves stealing my property and selling it as their own.

"The man's got fucking horse shoes and a leprechaun up his arse," I said. That's the only way they could have pulled it off without the Songs filling them with bullets.

"Not to mention their numbers are growing. When I was in Mexico, I saw at least twenty of Min's men guarding underground heroin fields," Jin said, a bit too excitedly. "Fucking underground, can you believe it? I wouldn't even begin to understand the amount of science shit they need to make that work. Down there, the name Min sends men running and pleading for their lives."

"I do not like to be behind. I will not sit idly by as they surpass us. Do you understand me?" my father replied. "Taehyung."

"I know," I sighed, for the last fucking time.

"Don't fuck it up. With this marriage we can steamroll the Songs and anyone else," my father added again.

"Thank God the poor bastard didn't have a son," Namjoon said.

"Nothing is final yet," my father replied. "Even after Taehyung marries her, which will take a few days if your mother has her way, they won't just give us everything. It may take months to make sure it is our name that strikes fear into the hearts of men."