FIFTY FIVE

"Which means you get to sit and eat their food and drink wine, while our men fuck them across the ocean."

"And I don't want to be late for a moment of it."

Stepping closer to him, I retied the bowtie around his neck. "Of course not. Who would like to have sex when they could watch Jihun lose control? Who knows when that could happen again. You won't be having sex with anyone for a while either, but still."

I kissed him deeply, biting onto his lip before breaking away. His mouth dropped open as my words sunk in. "Sweetheart . . ."

"This body is now closed to you, husband." Stepping away from him, I turned to walk to my closet but he pulled me back.

"Let's not do anything rash," he replied lifting me up and throwing me on the bed, crawling on top of me as he brushed my hair back.

"We don't have time." I smiled as he kissed me.

"We're the guests of honor. We can make time," he whispered kissing from my lips to my cheek and then to my neck.

Pushing up against him, I was able to flip him onto his back. Sitting on his waist, I stared into his eyes.

"You made your choice, husband now deal with it." I smirked as I ground my hips into him before rising, and sure enough his hard-on was clear to the world.

"Wife."

"Husband." I smiled, and the moment I took off toward my closet, he leapt off the bed after me. Sadly, he was too slow, and I was able to lock myself in my closet.

"Damn it!" He pounded on the door as I laughed.

"Calm the fuck down and finish getting dressed," I called out as I looked for the shoes I wanted to wear.

"Take off your underwear. You won't be needing them tonight!"

"The fuck I will! You aren't getting shit from me," I replied even though I couldn't stop grinning.

"Fine then, I will rip the bloody things off you." His voice was fading, and I rolled my eyes at him.

Hearing the door close, I smiled to myself. In the last three weeks, my relationship with Taehyung had changed drastically. We no longer fought with one about personal matters. Instead, most of our issues were with the job, and even those were few and far between. Sometimes our plan of attack didn't mesh well, and the only way we could settle it was to "fuck it out." Neither of us complained about that though, and I was sure he disagreed with me sometimes just so we could have sex afterward, the little prick. Yet, I found myself smiling more often because of him. I was happy, and that just seemed odd to me.

He insisted we have our "dates" at least once a week. The first week was awkward because I hated the word date and neither of us did anything really but work. The second week he brought me a snitch, a lower-level pawn who had been in the process of speaking with the police to get out of jail time. Too bad for him, we wire tapped all our men's phones. To make an example of him, I gave him embalming fluid to drink and when he died, we made sure to ship his tongue to the Commissioner.

After that, Taehyung and I didn't come out of our room for two days. The date we had this week consisted of Taehyung and I both naked on our bed watching the local news. We had scheduled a hit on three officers and their families.

"Ma'am, it's Ari. I have your dress." Ari knocked. Opening the door, I pulled the dress from the bag.

"Perfect." I smiled, touching the satin of the dress.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

Stepping out of our bedroom, I tried to wipe the grin off my face. However, it was damn near impossible. I hadn't known before that I would have no other choice than to say I was in love with Kim Y/N. I loved how she broke people's noses, how she smiled whenever we killed someone. I loved the way she moaned my name while we made love, only to slap me afterward. She was ruthless in everything she did, and yet she could still manage to be open with me. We had both changed. I felt like I had known her for a lifetime and not just a few weeks.

"So I'm guessing by your smile that all is well in your bloody wonderland?" Minho asked me as I reached the study.

He was decked to the nines like myself and seemed just as excited as I was, despite the fact that he didn't know any of our plans.

"Yes, father," I said stepping into the study. "All is well in our bloody wonderland. In fact, the adventure is just beginning."

He sighed, taking a seat in front of the desk. "Must you torture me boy, or will you tell me what is going on? Half the city is covered in blood and the other half is afraid of its shadow. Both you and Y/N insisted that we attend this mockery of a wedding. However, neither Jin nor Namjoon are going to be in attendance."

"You always said I was impatient. If so, I see where I get it from," I replied pouring myself a glass of wine.

"I'm guessing you and Y/N are no longer shooting at each other."

"For now. My wife's opinion of me changes more often than the tide. She may shoot me tomorrow if I tell her I dislike her gun collection."

"But at this moment—"

"Are you asking as my father or as a Capo dei Capi?" I cut him off leaning into my chair because it was my chair and not his. Kicking my feet onto the desk I watched as his eyes narrowed at my shoes. He used to hate it when I placed my feet on his desk as a teen, but he couldn't say anything now.

"I'm asking as a father. Son, are you happy with your wife?"

"Yes, father, everything is bloody and well in fucking wonderland." I drank some more. "She is . . . she is Bloody Min Y/N and perfect. God created her and then shattered the mold afterward, for the world could not handle two of her."

"Look who has become a poet."

"Hardly, it was a simple fact." My wife was a ruthless animal, and it only made her sexier.

"So then I could expect something to go terribly wrong at this wedding." He really wanted to know. It was almost sad.

"I hope when I have a child, I'm not in the predicament you are in." I laughed at him.

"Knowing you, I doubt you will allow your son or daughter to take the throne as easily as I did." He was joking. He had to be joking.

"Bullshit. The amount of hell you put me through—"

"I put you through hell so you could sit in that seat and call hell to you. In three weeks, you have brought this city to its knees." He almost sounded jealous, but I could also hear the pride.

"We, Y/N and I, brought it to its knees. However, it's not bowing yet. The police commissioner is still holding out for hope to overcome the mess. A judge gave him the okay to place wiretaps on the house and our phones." I snickered. That was only after the first week.

"When was this?"

"It doesn't matter." I grinned drinking again. "We had jammers and frequency scramblers placed throughout the house, and then updated all the phones. Y/N insisted that we make an example out of the judge."

I waited for it to click in, after all it had been all over the news that week. He shook his head as the realization hit him.

"Judge Eunjun. They found him hanging from the bridge. I figured, but I didn't understand why."

"I don't believe the commissioner has had any help with the courts since then." Because they were fucking smart.